First published on 2nd October, 2016.
Smt. Vinatadevi Tope Social Service league is pleased to announce the winners of Vivechan’16 – 3rd National Socio Legal Essay Competition :
First: Mr. Tamilarasan Varadarajan, V-IV, Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli
Second: Mr. Adhiraj Bhalekar, V-III, K.E.S. Law College, Mumbai
Third: Mr. Anubhav Nandi, V-I, National Law University, Odisha
Heartiest Congratulations to all the winners!
Smt. Vinatadevi Tope Social Service League of Government Law College, Mumbai is organizing Vivechan’ 16 – 3rd Socio Legal Essay Competition in collaboration with Child Rights and You (CRY).
The Government Law College, Mumbai, founded in 1855, is the oldest law school in Asia and enjoys a pre-eminent reputation for excellence in scholastic and co-scholastic areas.
Smt. Vinatadevi Tope Social Service League is one of the oldest and most prestigious student committees of this college. Founded in 1966 by Principal Dr. Trimbak Krishna Tope, the league undertakes various projects in collaboration with the government and non-government organizations (NGOs).
As an annual tradition, the league organizes Vivechan, a socio-legal essay competition which aims at spreading awareness among law students across the state and the country about prominent socio-legal issues.
This year, the league has collaborated with the Child Rights and You (CRY), a reputed NGO which aims to restore children’s rights and works across levels from direct action to advocacy, mobilising public opinion and policy change.
The basic guidelines for submission are as follows:
1. The topic of Vivechan’ 16 is “Recent Amendments in Child Labour (prohibition and regulation) Act.
2. The word limit is 2500-3000 including end-notes. The essays must be sent in “pdf” format. Footnotes are not allowed.
3. The font style should be Times New Roman and the font size should 12.
4. Please note that only the original submissions are invited and any instance of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
5. Please do not submit entries which have been published elsewhere.
6. Co-authorship is not allowed.
7. Participants are required to submit the following details along with their entry (as an annexure to the essay):
Details of the course currently being pursued
Contact details (including phone number and email address)
Kindly attach scanned image of your College ID card with the mail.
The entries must be mailed to email@example.com
The deadline for soft copy submissions is 31st October, 2016 before 5 pm.
The results will be declared within 45 days.
I. First Prize: Rs. 2500 cash
II. Second Prize: Rs. 1500 cash
III. Third Prize: Rs. 1000 cash
All three winners will receive a gift combo and certificate.
The participants wishing to seek any kind of clarification regarding the event can send an email with the subject “Query Vivechan’ 16” to the above given email address.
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org