Dev Bhoomi Uttarakhand under the aegis of Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University in association with International Law Students Association (ILSA) invites you to the “1st National Legal Essay Competition and Symposium, 2018 on International Law Regime.”
Symposium Venue: Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University, Dehradun, Uttrakhand
About the Competiton
1st National Legal Essay Competition and Symposium, 2018 themed on International Law Regime envisages to promote and develop the ability of law students to think on a global legal perspective. The theme has been most carefully chosen which possess global relevance as well as encourage the participants’ to analyze freely and convey their thoughts and probable solutions on the same.
In the line of the title of the competition, the following are the broad sub-themes:
International Civil Aviation
- International Civil Aviation: Conventions, Protocols and Regulations.
- Rights and Privileges of Air Passengers.
- Settlement of Aviation Related Disputes.
- De-regulation, Globalization, and liberalization in International Civil Aviation.
International Maritime Law
- International Maritime Law: Conventions and Regulations.
- Innocent Passage: Scope of Coastal State interference.
- Dispute settlement mechanism of Maritime Resources.
- Issues relating to exploitation of the resources. viz. Transfer of Technology, Right to development and sustainable development.
International Economic Law
- Evolution of New International Economic Order (NIEO).
- Problems relating to WTO viz. Agriculture, Sanitary and Phyto-sanitary Measures (SPS), Technical Barriers of Trade (TBT) and Anti-Dumping
- Trade Related Intellectual Property Rights(TRIPS): Issues & Challenges.
- Dispute Settlement mechanism under International Economic Law.
International Humanitarian Law
- International Humanitarian Law, Conventions, Protocols, and Regulations.
- International Movement for Humanization of Warfare.
- Role of Fact-Finding Commission under Humanitarian Law.
- International Refugees Regulation Regime: Issues & Challenges.
Eligibility and Submission Guidelines
Click here for details
|Registration Fees for Essay of Submission NIL|
|Registration Fees* (in INR) for Symposium|
|Essay Submitted||Not Submitted|
|Academicians/ Experts/ PhD Scholars||750/-||1000/-|
|Uttaranchal University Students||350/-||500/-|
|NO REGISTRATION FEE FOR TOP TEN ENTRIES: Invitation based.
*If essay submitted then separate registration for co-author(s).
**The registration fee shall not include the accommodation charges.
Deadline for abstract submission: 20 June 2018
Deadline for essay submission: 20 July 2018.
Commencement of the registration for Symposium: 15 July 2018
Declaration of top 10 Essay: 28 July 2018
Last date for Registration of Symposium: 10 August 2018
Date of Symposium: 13 August 2018
|* The top 3 entries will be awarded Certificate of Merit & Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.|
For any clarification mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Laxman Singh Rawat,
Assistant Professor(Law) & Faculty Advisor, ILSA LCD Chapter
Email : email@example.com
Ms. Somya Gaur, President, ILSA LCD Chapter
Contact no.: +91-9837177735
Mr. Himanshu, Chief Officer, ILSA LCD Chapter
Contact no.: +91-7017766841
For details of the symposium, registration and guidelines, view the brochure given here.