ABOUT THE COLLEGE
School of Law is a part of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), which
was established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of
COMPETITION AT A GLANCE
• Society of Law and Literature (SoLL) is pleased to announce its 3 rd National Book
Review Competition, 2017.
• The 3 rd National Book Review Competition is aimed to assess the analytical skill of the
participant and how better the participant evaluate the central idea, author’s style and
premises of the book.
• This competition is organized to observe Law Day by celebrating it with series ofNational Competitions.
All students pursuing under-graduate (three/five years) or postgraduate or doctoral
degrees from any school/university/college recognized in India are eligible to participate
in the Competition.
Students of UPES School of Law are eligible to participate, but will
not be eligible for the 1st and 2nd Prize.
BROCHURE IS HERE.
POSTER IS HERE.
LIST OF BOOKS FOR BOOK REVIEW
• To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
• Before the Law- Franz Kafka
• Metamorphosis- Franz Kafka
• Penal Colony- Franz Kafka
• The Trial- Franz Kafka
• The Rogue Lawyer – John Grisham
• The Testament- John Grisham
• The Case of Speluncean Explorers- Lon L Fuller
• The Seven Minutes- Irving Wallace
• The Just and Unjust-James Gould Cozzens
• Nirmala – Premchand
• Gaban- Premchand
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE COMPETITION
• The Book Review should not be more than 1000 words (excluding Footnotes, if any).
• Footnotes, if any must conform to the authoritative standard rules of legal citation
(Preferably 20th edition Bluebook form of citation) and must include a description of each
authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the
authority in a publication of general circulation.
• Formatting Style must adhere to provided style i.e. Font Name (English) – Times New
Roman, Font Name (Hindi)- Kruti Dev, Font Size- 12, Line Spacing-1.5, Footnote Font
Size-10, and Footnote Spacing-1.0.
• Only original entries will be considered for competition. No part of it should have been
published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest
elsewhere. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification.
• The Book Review must be written in English or Hindi.
• Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted for the competition.
• The participants should mail their final entries at firstname.lastname@example.org. The mail
should contain the MS Word document of the entry and body of the mail containing the
details of the author(s) including name, designation, e-mail ID, contact number and
college/university/institution name. In case of co-author, the above details of Co-author
should also be mentioned.
• The subject of the mail shall be titled as “FIRSTNAME-3rdNBRC”. Please write your first
name in place of “FIRST NAME” in capital letters. For example, VERONICA-3rdNBRC.
The filename of the attached word document shall be titled as “NAME OF THE BOOK
REVIEWED” in capital letters. For example, TOKILLAMOCKINGBIRD
• The participants have to register themselves by filling the Online Form. Link for the
Online Registration Form is HERE.
• The participants are required to fill the Online Form before mailing their submissions.
PRIZES (Book Review)
- First Prize – INR 7000/-
- Second Prize – INR 5000/-
- Third Prize – INR 3000/-
Last date of Registration & Submission of Book Review – 25th November, 2017.
You can mail your queries to email@example.com with the subject “Query-3 rd
National Book Review Competition” or contact:
Krishna Pallavi – 8755267535
Shubhra Sotie – 8218783718
(Student Event Heads, SoLL, School of Law, UPES)
You may also contact the undersigned:
Bhawna Vishwakarma- 8937956066
(Student Co-Convener, SoLL, School of Law, UPES)