UPDATE [July 19, 2018]: The results of the Surana & Surana – UILS Panjab University International Essay Competition 2018 are available here. Congratulations to all winners!
Centre for Trade and Dispute Resolution, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University in partnership with Surna & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, organizes International Essay Writing Competition on Corporate Laws, 2018.
International Trade, Human Rights and Sustainable Development: An entangled trinity necessary for a Nation’s Development.
- International Trade, Human Rights and Sustainable Development: Reinventing ‘Development’.
- Role of WTO and UNCITRAL in achieving the UN’s SDGs in relation to international and domestic trade.
- Trade and Sustainability, relevance of Paris Climate Convention.
- Labor implications of trade liberalization and globalization in achieving a nation’s progress.
- Economic Interdependence vs. Economic Nationalism in the era of free international trade.
- Interlinking of rivers project, a viable alternative for the Indian Trade Industry.
- Dumping and its impact on competition through the lens of sustainable trade environment?
- Agriculture and Global Food Security, ramifications in International Trade
The theme for the essay is kept broad in nature. The participants are allowed to take any particular sub-theme or can mold it keeping it intact with the central theme of the essay.
- The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing five year integrated Law course/LL.B./LL.M./ M.Phil./ Ph.D.. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- Students of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India, the Institute of Cost Accountant of India&The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are also eligible to participate. However, those who have completed either their Chartered Accountant/ Cost Accountant/ Company Secretary degrees/courses are not eligible.
- The participants must also send a certificate from the Head of the Institution certifying that the candidate is a bonafide student of the University/ College/Institute.
If any Student of the UILS is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the Prize Distribution function.
- First Prize: ₹ 25,000/-
- Second Prize: ₹ 15,000/-
- Third Prize: ₹ 10,000/-
- 15 Consolation Prizes: ₹ 1,000/-
|Last date for receiving the submission through E-mail.
||25th April, 2018
|Declaration of results (tentative)
||15th July, 2018
- Nikhilesh Verma: +919814015117
- Aradhika Jasrotia: +917837623294
- Shraddha Sharma: +918054114830
Official Website link: Click here
Brochure: Click here
Rules and Regulations: Click here
Registration Form: Click here
This post was first published on:
11 Feb 2018