University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS), Punjab University, Chandigarh is pleased to announce and invite your institute/college/university to participate in its Law Fest, “Arguendo: Conquer to Concur” being organized from 17th March to 19th March, 2016.
Following events will be a part of the Law Fest:
1. Literary Events, comprising Debate, Personification, Ad Mad Show and Spell Bee Competition.
2. 2nd UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition, 2016.
3. 5th UILS National Client Counseling Competition, 2016.
The teams will be registered on ‘first come first served’ basis. Participants are not allowed to take part in more than one event. However, an institution can send different teams for the events.
The last date for provisional registration for all the events is February 23, 2016 and for the final registration (soft copy only) is February 27, 2016.
Participants are requested to send an email confirming their participation on the provisional basis on the email addresses mentioned hereunder.
The registration fee for each event is as under:
1. Literary Events: Debate Competition and Ad Mad Show – Rs. 3000/- per team;
Personification Competition – Rs. 500/- per participant;
Spell Bee Competition – Rs. 500 /- per participant.
2. 2nd UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition, 2016- Rs. 5000 /- per team (each team will consist a maximum of four members)
3. 5th UILS National Client Counseling Competition, 2016 – Rs. 3000 /- per team (each team will consist a maximum of two).
The problem for the National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition, 2016 will be sent shortly.
The problem for the National Client Competition, 2016 will be based on issues on Contract law, Criminal Laws and other allied subjects.
The detailed rules for the individual events along with the Registration Form and Travel Form will follow in the next communication.
Attractive prizes will be awarded to the winning teams and individuals to the extent of:
1. 2 nd UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition 2016 – Rs. 2,00,000/-
2. 5th UILS National Client Counseling Competition 2016 – Rs. 50,000/-
3. UILS Literary Events – Rs. 70,000/-
For any queries regarding various events of the Law Fest, please contact:
1. firstname.lastname@example.org for the 2nd UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition, 2016.
2. email@example.com for the 5th UILS National Client Counseling Competition, 2016.
3. firstname.lastname@example.org for literary events.
4. email@example.com for any other general queries regarding the Fest.