The University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) is pleased to announce and invite your institute/college/university to participate in the 4th edition of its Annual Law Fest, “Arguendo” being organized from 2nd to 4th February 2018.
An excellent response to our past six successful UILS National Client Counselling Competitions and three UILS National Trial Advocacy Competitions provides us the impetus for conducting this Law Fest. This initiative of UILS is aimed to hone the skills of advocacy of students aspiring to join the legal profession as well as demonstrate the practical aspects of the law.
Date: 2nd – 4th February 2018
Venue: UILS, Chandigarh
The following events will be a part of the Law Fest:
- 4th All India Gurcharan Singh Tulsi Criminal Law Annual Moot Court Competition, 2018. (National Trial Advocacy Competition)
Rules and Regulations: Here
Registration Form: Here
2. 7th UILS National Client Counseling Competition, 2018
Rules and Reegulations: Here
Registration Form: Here
Proposition: The problem for the National Client Competition, 2018 will be based on issues on Family Law, NDPS Act, Companies Law, Criminal Law, Prevention of Money Laundering Act and other allied subjects.
3. 3rd UILS Fete, 2018.
The registration fee for each event is as under:
1. UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition: Rs. 6000/- per team (team will consist of maximum four members)
2. UILS National Client Counseling Competition: Rs. 4000/- per team (team will consist of maximum two members)
Registration Fee has to be sent along with the Registration Form in the form of a Demand Draft in the name of ‘Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh’ on or before 26th January, 2018.
Time Limit and Registration:
The teams will be registered on ‘first come first served’ basis. Participants are not allowed to take part in more than one event. However, an institution can send different teams for the events. The registration is restricted to 24 teams only for the Client Counseling Competition and 24 teams for Trial Advocacy Competition.
The last date for provisional registration for all the events is January 15th, 2018. and for the final registration (soft copy only) is January 23rd, 2018.
The hard copies should reach by 26th of January 2018 to the University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Sector-14, Chandigarh.
For registration or any queries, kindly contact at:
1. [email protected] for UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition
2. [email protected] for UILS National Client Counseling Competition
For more details, the teams can follow our facebook page by clicking here.
Attractive prizes will be awarded to the winning teams and individuals to the extent of:
- 4th UILS National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition 2018 – Rs. 2,00,000/-
- 7th UILS National Client Counseling Competition 2018 – Rs. 50,000/-
For any queries regarding various events of the Law Fest, please contact:
Trial Advocacy: [email protected]
Faculty in-Charge: Dr Jai Mala and Dr. Amita Verma
- Ms. Nikita Garg (President):9478960606
- Ms. Zaheen Kaur (Convener): 7837327007
- Ms. Meher Nagpal (Co-Convener): 8283944775
Client Counselling: [email protected]
Faculty in-Charge: Dr Shruti Bedi
Mr. Anirudh Nanda: 7837800400, Ms. Mishi: 7696002058, Ms. Devika Raj: 8054136933, Mr. Surya Mittal: 7508272572, Mr. Rahul Aggarwal: 9855587932
This post was first published on: January 4, 2018