The India International Law Foundation (IILF) in association with Udisha/ NGO will be organizing its first International Environment Law Conference on the theme – “Towards a Clean and Green Future”.
Various issues related to environment and laws regulating environment and pollution will be discussed in the Conference.
Conference will be held at Auditorium, Delhi Secretariat on 21st April, 2018.
The Conference would benefit officials of the Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Private Companies apart from professionals who work in the field. It is also expected to be attended by members of the legal profession, law teachers and students.
The India International Law Foundation was established in 1974, as a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The objectives of the Foundation include promotion and spread of knowledge of International Law including International Business Law and connected matters, by holding or sponsoring specialised seminars in association with other organisations and conducting research in the field.
The past Presidents of the Foundation were the Late Chief Justice S. M. Sikri, the Late Justice K. T. Thommen, Chief Justice S. P. Bharucha and Chief Justice B. N. Kirpal of the Supreme Court. The Vice-Presidents of the Foundation are Mr. Justice S. A. Bobde, Judge, Supreme Court of India, Mr. Justice Vikramajit Sen, (Retd.) Former Judge, Supreme Court, Mr. F.S. Nariman.
Udisha, NGO is a civil society organization registered under Societies Registration Act. It is in special consultative with Economic & Social Commission of the United Nations since 2007. Udisha is a Laureate of 2011 International WWSF Prize- for Innovative Prevention of Abuse and Violence against Children and Youth.
It is involved in multifarious activities like sustainable development, environment, adult literacy, child rights & prevention of child abuse, crime against women, youth employment, training and development and good governance. Our delegates have participated in many UN Conferences/ Events made Presentations and published Statements.
A one-day event will witness thought provoking discussions and enlightening speeches by eminent jurists, policymakers and environmental activists.
Conference will also provide an opportunity to students, academics and scholars to present their research work/ case comments under following categories:
- Research Articles: Original submissions (upto 1500 words, inclusive of footnotes) in the form of short and long articles are welcome on any issue/topic relevant to the theme of the conference.
- Case Comments: Original submissions (upto 1000 words, inclusive of footnotes) analyzing International and National judicial pronouncements, relevant to the theme of the conference.
- Notes/Comments: Conference also invites thought provoking notes/comments on any issue/topic relevant to the theme (upto 1000 words, inclusive of footnotes), are also invited. Submissions must me original.
An illustrative but not exhaustive list of few sub themes is as follows:
- Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Clean Energy
- Ideal Environment Policy
- Bio-Diversity and Ecosystems
- Urban Development and its impact on Environment
- Industrialization and Environment
- Evolution of Environment Policy in India
- Waste Disposal Management and Challenges
The three best Research Articles will be awarded Trophies. The best Articles/ Case Comments will be presented in the Conference. All the contributions will be published in the conference newsletter and online.
All the Authors contributing Research Articles/ Case Comments or Notes/ Comments will get an Invite for attending the Conference and will also be given Commendation Certificate.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman font, with font size 12 and spacing 1.5.
- Authors can send their submission either in pdf or doc/docx format, before 11:59 PM, 19th April, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter giving a brief introduction about the author.
Mr. Mukul Bawa, Secretary, IILF: email@example.com
Mr. Rakesh Gaur, Founder President, Udisha: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Convenor: +91 9999-455-434
For further details, please refer to the official website.