UPDATE: List of Selected Students is given below.
The Centre for Law and Policy Research, Bangalore (CLPR) is a not-for-profit trust established in 2009. CLPR engages in law and policy research, supported by strategic impact litigation and advocacy interventions to secure progressive outcomes in various fields.
On 14th and 15th April 2018, CLPR is organizing 2nd International Conference on Transgender Rights and the Law.
14th April 2018 marks the 4-year anniversary of the decision of the Supreme Court in National Legal Services Authority vs. Union of India which recognized for the first time the right to self-identify one’s gender as an integral part of the right to life under the Constitution.
Visit this page for more information on the conference, including the agenda, list of speakers etc.
We are looking for candidates who are deeply interested in transgender rights and law and have excellent journalistic capabilities. The selected candidates will have to:
- Cover all the sessions of the Conference.
- Conduct interviews with the Conference speakers.
- Produce reports and other writing assignments on the Conference.
- Provide live updates on the Conference in various social media channels.
We are looking to engage 4 Student Journalists. 2 will be engaged to work in English, 1 candidate each will work in Hindi and Kannada.
For the selected candidates CLPR will reimburse 3rd AC train fare from their place of stay to Bangalore. In addition to that each selected candidate will receive a lump sum remuneration of INR 2,500/-
The candidates will have to arrange for their own accommodation facilities and will have to cover both days of the Conference.
The preferred candidates will be a student pursuing law at a graduate or post graduate programme at a recognized university.
Applicants for this position must demonstrate strong and excellent writing skills.
How to apply:
- 5 lines write up on why the candidate must be selected.
- Share their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram profiles.
- Mention if you are proficient in Hindi and/or Kannada.
The last date to apply for this is 7th April 11.00 A.M.
List of selected students
CLPR is happy to choose the following students.
- Srujana Bej – IV year, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Aditya Prasanna Bhattacharya – II year, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
- Rajat Mishra, AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Milllia Islamia
- Karthik V. Venkatesh, V year , NUALS, Kochi
For official notification, click here.
Please visit this website link for more details.