5th – 9th March, 2017
TERI University, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi
The objective of the NLA-TU Course is to familiarise the participants with:
1. The basic understanding of nuclear science and technology;
2. The legal history and international engagement, with a focus on Global South;
3. The IAEA – its role and functions -, and international nuclear treaties;
4. Regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions; and
5. India’s nuclear laws and regulatory processes, siting and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India.
Study Trip to Narora Nuclear Power Plant
In association with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL), a technical study trip to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant in UP is planned. The trip is only for Indian nationals.
Participants (maximum 50):
– Lawyers, legal advisers, law faculty and researchers;
– Nuclear scientists, policy makers, and officials from various nuclear institutions;
– Representatives from regulatory institutions and company professionals;
– Social science researchers and faculty; and
– PhD students; and 4th and 5th year law students.
Certificate & Venue
Certificate of participation will be given. The Program will be held at TERI University, New Delhi.
Fees for 5-day training program (4-day course + 1 day NPP site visit)
1. Rs. 20,000 for all professionals.
2. Rs. 50,000 for three persons from the same organization.
3. Rs. 5,000 for students.
The fee includes – lunch and tea for the duration of the course, a Welcome Dinner, the course materials, service tax and travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant. Accommodation is not covered.
Fees for 1-day participation for professionals
A special offer is made for professionals who can only attend 1 day of the 5-day training program: Rs. 5,000/ per day inclusive of service tax.
Limited numbers of single (Rs. 500/-) and shared rooms (Rs. 250/-) available per day near the University campus. Interested participants may contact the course coordinator.
NLA provides scholarships in the form of full tuition fee waiver to deserving candidates from South Asia and South East Asia. Candidates are requested to write to the course coordinator.
Bandyopadhyay, Dipankar: Partner, VERUS Advocates
Grover, Ravi: DAE Homi Bhabha Chair Professor; Member, Atomic Energy Commission
Gupta, Manju: Former President and Managing Director, AREVA India Pvt. Ltd.
Harikumar, S.: Secretary, Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
Kesavan, PC: Distinguished Fellow, MS Swaminathan Research Foundation
Kumar, Vinod: Author; Fellow, Institute of Defence Studies and Analysis, New Delhi
Nandakumar, A.N.: Former Head, Radiological Safety Division, AERB
Pandit, Bhaskar: Chief Engineer, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited
Ram Mohan, M P: Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Reynaers, Els: Partner, MV Kini, Mumbai
Reyners, Patrick: Former Head of Legal Affairs at OECD- Nuclear Energy Agency, Paris
Sexton, Kimberly: Senior Legal Advisor, OECD Nuclear Energy Agency
Shiju, M.V.: Associate Professor, Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies, TERI University
Smith, Tyson R.: Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP, United States
Sumit, Shekhar: Associate, Herbert Smith Freehills, UK
Tonhauser, Wolfram: Head, Nuclear and Treaty Law Section, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
Ms Els Reynaers Kini, General Secretary, NLA & Partner, M V Kini Law Firm: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Rishika Singh, Lawyer and Researcher, Phone: (+91) 88004-56888: Email: email@example.com