The objective of the NLA-TU Course is to familiarise the participants with:
1. the basic understanding of nuclear science and technology;
2. the legal history and international engagement, with a focus on Global South;
3. the IAEA – its role and functions -, and international nuclear treaties;
4. regulatory structures and liability regimes of select jurisdictions; and
5. India’s nuclear laws and regulatory processes, siting and consent procedures, environmental law and judicial decisions in India.
Study Trip to Narora Nuclear Power Plant
In association with the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL), a technical study trip to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant in UP is planned. The trip is only for Indian nationals.
- Lawyers, legal advisers, law faculty and researchers;
- Nuclear scientists, policy makers, and officials from various nuclear institutions;
- Representatives from regulatory institutions and company professionals;
- Social science researchers and faculty; and
- PhD students; and 4th and 5th year law students
The Program will be held at TERI University, New Delhi
For 5-day training program (4-day course + 1 day NPP site visit):
1. Rs. 20,000 for all professionals.
2. Rs. 50,000 for three persons from the same organization.
3. Rs. 5,000 for students.
The fee includes – lunch and tea for the duration of the course, a Welcome Dinner, the course materials, service tax and travel to the Narora Nuclear Power Plant. Accommodation is not covered.
Fees for 1-day participation for professionals:
A special offer is made for professionals who can only attend 1 day of the 5-day training program:
Rs. 5,000/ per day inclusive of service tax.
Limited numbers of single (Rs. 500/-) and shared rooms (Rs. 250/-) available per day near the University campus. Interested participants may contact the course coordinator.
NLA provides scholarships in the form of full tuition fee waiver to deserving candidates from South Asia and South East Asia. Candidates are requested to write to the course coordinator.
- Send soft copy of the participation form given in the brochure below to: [email protected]
- Send hard copy of participation form + payment to Mumbai address of Course Director
mentioned in the participation form
Ms. Rishika Singh, Lawyer and Researcher
Phone: (+91) 88004-56888
Email: [email protected]