Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organising the Third Edition of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune – International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2018 [SICTA] to be held from March 23–25, 2018 in Symbiosis Law School, Pune, India.
The Competition is based on the simulation of the Trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court and pertains to rules and structure as enshrined in the Rome Statute of the ICC. The theme for the Third edition of SICTA is “Prosecution and Reparation for crimes committed by Non-State Actors in the backdrop of proxy wars.”.
The Concept Note linked herein will provide a more elaborate overview of the same.
The Competition shall have teams representing either of the three sides- Prosecution, Defense and the Victim(s) in the various rounds of the Competition.
The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to Three (Two Speakers and a Researcher). A team may also consist of only Two Speakers.
Slots for the Competition shall be booked on first-cum-first-serve basis limited to 24 Teams. Participation in this Competition is through invitation only. Any Law College / University / Institute that wishes to participate may apply for an invite by sending an email to email@example.com., expressing their interest in participation.
Note: The last date for Provisional Registration has been extended to January 17, 2018
There shall be three Preliminary rounds followed by the Semi-Final Rounds and the Final Round.
The primary components of a round will include:
- Opening Statements by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel and the Defense Counsel.
- Examination-In-Chief/Cross Examination by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defense.
- Closing Statements by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defense.
- Winning Team: Rs.50,000/-
- First Runners Up Team: Rs.25,000/-
- Second Runners Up Team: Rs.10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate of Final Rs.5000/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs.10,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs.5000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 5000/-
- Shree P.V. Ramanayaa Memorial- Best Prosecutor Award: Rs. 5000/-
The Compromis and the Rulebook regarding the competition shall be e-mailed to the registered teams post completion of Provisional Registration procedure.
Shivani Shenoy (Member, Student Bar Association) : +91-8600304247
Paavni Jain (Member, Student Bar Association): +91-7838977980
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Rulebook, click here.
For Concept Note, click here.
For updates, follow the Facebook page given here.