UPDATE: The moot has been postponed to 20-23 September 2018.
School of Law, CHRIST, Bengaluru is honored to announce the first edition of “1st Surana & Surana – School of Law, CHRIST International Investment & Arbitration Moot, 2018” in association with our Professional Partner, Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai. The competition is scheduled from 20 – 23 September 2018.
The 1st Surana & Surana – School of Law, CHRIST International Investment & Arbitration Moot, 2018 has been conceived with the aim of creating awareness on the law of International Investments and facilitate the evolution of investment law through the jurisprudential and comparative analysis of the existing law and the consequential emergence of new laws.
We cordially invite all prestigious institutions/universities to take part in the competition and develop requisite skills before engaging in real-world investment & arbitration practice.
Online registrations are open at this page from 4 July 2018 onwards.
The last date for online registration is 5 September 2018. The competition is open to 32 teams on the first-come-first-serve basis.
The competition registration fees is Rs. 6000/per team that is to be paid through DD to the Faculty Coordinator, Moot Court Society, School of Law, CHRIST as provided in the rules of the competition.
- Commencement of Online Registration: 4 July 2018
- Last date for Online Registration: 5 September 2018
- Last date for sending soft copy of Registration form / Approval Letter and seeking clarifications of Problem: 5 September 2018
- Release of clarifications and & Team Codes: 7 September 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Travel Form: 12 September 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials (One Hard Copy for Claimant and Respondent) & Soft Copy by email: 14 September 2018
- Inauguration & orientation: 20 September 2018
- Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): 20 September 2018
- Oral Rounds – 21 – 23 September 2018
- Finals, Valedictory & Prize Distribution – 23 September 2018
Prizes & Prize Money
- Winner – Trophy and Rs. 50,000/-
- Runner Up – Trophy and Rs. 30,000/-
- Best Memorial (Claimant) – Trophy and Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Memorial (Respondent) – Trophy and Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Speaker – Trophy and Rs. 5,000/-
- Spirit of Surana – Trophy
For any information regarding the competition: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Mithel Reddy R – +91-96329 83839
- Ms Shilpa Sai – +91-96638 24904
- Ms Keerthana Nagaraj – +91-78999 29191
For online registration
Dr. S. Ravichandran Advocate & Head, Academic Initiatives Surana & Surana International Attorneys Email: email@example.com Ph.: 044 – 2812 0000, Fax: 91 – 44 – 2812 0001.
- Dr Shiju MV, Faculty Co-ordinator, MCS, School of Law, CHRIST (Ph. No. 98997 03105)
- Dr Muthukumar B.
- Ms Chaitra V.
- Ms Chetan Dixit.
- Ms Divya V.
Registration: Click here
Moot Proposition: Click here
Rules: Click here