Standard Chartered, Mumbai invites applications for the position of Legal Counsel (ASEAN & South Asia-India-Mumbai).
- Oversee all SCB disputes in India including evolving suitable legal strategies to maximize recoveries and minimize risks / losses.
- Manage legal costs and budgets on disputes.
- Manage India Disputes Management Model.
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders and raise early alert of risks arising out of disputes to Line Manager and Senior Management as appropriate.
- Substantial experience (at least 5 years’ relevant practice) in legal dispute and regulatory risk management.
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), strong leadership qualities, proven record of relationship building with a spectrum of stakeholders. Excellent and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Advanced leadership and management skills.
- Able to prioritise and manage multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Technical knowledge of laws and regulations with advanced ability to analyse the same and co-relate issues to products and business models. Track record of good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and the proactive management of legal, regulatory and reputational risks.
- Experience of managing complex legal disputes in private practice or in-house.
- Sound judgment of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Strong relationship with external legal and continue to develop good contacts.
To view full details and apply online, click here.