UPDATE: THE COMPETITION HAS BEEN CALLED OFF
We regret to inform you that the competition has been called off due to some unavoidable reasons and academic reasons. The refund process for the registration made would take immediate effect.
Siddhartha Law College is organizing its 1st Essay Writing Competition, with a view of providing a platform to the individuals to enhance their skills and to explore the legal field, under the guidance of various eminent persons from all across the country which have a perfect intellectual background in the legal field.
The competition is open to all U.G and P.G students enrolled in courses from any recognized university, Research Scholars and Professionals from all over the country.
Understanding the position of Indian Judicial System
- Intervention of Political System in Indian Judiciary
- Impact of Judges’ interaction with Media
- Is Judiciary accountable for its action
- Winner: Rs. 1L + Certificate
- First Runner-up: Rs 75K + Certificate
- Second Runner-up: Rs 50 + Certificate
- 3 Consolation Prizes: Certificate
|Last date for Registration||30th April, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||10th May, 2018|
All manuscripts are to be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th April, 2018 in word (doc or .docx) file format with the subject titled as ‘TITLE OF ESSAY: NAME OF AUTHOR(S) & INSTITUTION’.
An Amount of Rs. 500 is payable as the registration fee.
Top 5 essays from each theme would be published in The International Journal with ISSN number.
Submission & Formatting Guidelines
- The essay must be written in English.
- All submissions must adhere to the following requirements:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Footnote Font Size: 10
- Footnote Spacing: 1.0
- Alignment Justified
- Co-authorship (maximum of two authors) is permitted. However, only one entry is allowed per author.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun reserves all the rights related to essay. No part of the essay, except the cover page, should contain any identification of author.
- Every participant would be allotted a specific code after the registration form has been submitted, so as to maintain anonymity and transparency in the competition.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and scanned copy of filled registration form. An abstract should not be more than 250 words inclusive of title and keywords.
- The essay should not exceed 2500 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- Citations must be strictly in accordance with the Harvard Blue Book style (19th ed.)
- Registration form is to be sent along with the essay.
Suchi Sharma: 8780860371