The Serious Fraud Investigation Office is a multi-disciplinary organisation under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India manned by experts in the fields of Accountancy, Forensic Audit, General Law, Information Technology, Investigation, Company Law, Capital Market, Income Tax, and Customs and General Excise. It’s an agency that investigates white-collar crimes/ frauds from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
SFIO invites applications from eligible applicants for engagement as Consultant I and Consultant II on short-term contract basis, as per the details given below.
Post: Consultant in the Field of Law (Advocates)
Number of posts: 04
Location: Delhi / Mumbai / Kolkata / Chennai / Hyderabad
Qualification and Experience
The incumbent should be an Advocate with at least 10 years experience at the Bar in the relevant field/specialisation as specified in the Terms of Reference (ToR)
Fee: Rs. 50,000 – Rs. 80,000 depending on the educational qualification and experience.
The incumbent should be an Advocate with at least 4 years experience at the Bar in the relevant field/specialisation as specified in the Terms of Reference (ToR)
Fee: Rs. 30,000 – Rs. 50,000 depending on the educational qualification and experience.
Scope of Work
The consultants in the field of Law would be required to perform the following functions:
- To draft complaints, petitions, replies, rejoinders, affidavits and other pleadings/legal documents to be filed before various courts and other forums.
- To appear before different Courts and other forums throughout the country as per requirement.
- To render all assistance to the officers of the SFIO in prosecution matters and also during investigation of the cases.
- To provide legal advice and opinion on points of Law in various matters.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments in the field of Law, especially Corporate Law.
- Any other work assigned to them.
Period of Engagement
The initial term of engagement of consultants shall be for a period of 6 months and subsequent extension(s), if any, shall be considered depending upon the requirement, work performance and quality output.
How to apply
The application in the format given below shall be forwarded to: The Director, Serious Fraud Investigation Office, 2nd Floor, Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan, B-3 Wing, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 within 30 days of the publication of the notification. (that is, July 5, 2018)
For official notification and application form, click here.