NIPO – The IPR Foundation, in association with Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi is organising a seminar titled ‘IPR and Human Rights: A Gender Perspective’.
This is in line with World Intellectual Property’s agenda for the year 2018 (Powering Change, Women in Innovation and Creativity).
Date: April 17, 2018
Time: 12 Noon – 2 PM (be seated by 11:30 AM)
Venue: Moot Court Hall, Umang Bhawan
E-certificates will be awarded to all participants
No registration or any hidden fees.
About the Organisers
NIPO (National Intellectual Property Organisation) is the first and the oldest umbrella initiative in the field of IPR in India. It is dedicated to mobilizing the use of intellectual property for economic and social development. intersect. It is one of the few NGOs world over to have been awarded an Observer status by World Intellectual Property organisation (WIPO), United Nations.
Campus Law Centre is one of the oldest and most prestigious law schools in India, with an excellent academic and professional record. It has consistently been ranked among the top law schools in India and has been ranked Second in the country by the India Today-Nielson survey of 2016.
About the speakers
Prof. T.C. JAMES: President, NIPO
- Consultant Research and Information System for Developing Countries, Ministry of External Affairs
- Leader/member of Indian delegations on intellectual property rights to WIPO, WTO and UNO
- Key negotiator on IPR matters in bilateral trade negotiations with many countries
Rodney D. Ryder
- Leading technology, intellectual property and corporate lawyer
- Founding partner at Scriboard®
- Author of Guide to Cyber Laws: the Information Technology Act, 2000, E-Commerce, Data Protection and the Internet, the first section-wise analysis of the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000
- Advisor to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India on the implementation of the Information Technology Act 2000.
Ms. Sunita K. Sreedharan
- Founding partner SKS Law Associates
- Legal advisor of WHO and is in process of drafting the National health law of Bhutan.She is also the legal advisor of Central Technology Management Institute, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- Author of the book titled “Introduction to Intellectual Asset Management”
- Involved in the drafting of various parliamentary bills requiring protection of various intellectual properties including the access and benefit sharing of traditional knowledge
To register, click here..
For queries, email at email@example.com.
This post was first published on: April 4, 2018