About the Seminar
Chanakya National Law University is organizing a one day National Seminar on “Intellectual Property Rights: Emerging Issues and Challenges” which focuses on creating a nation-wide conversation providing an opportunity to students, academicians, law professionals and all other stakeholders to put forward their research and share their knowledge on wide range of topics relating to Intellectual Property Rights and related subjects.
Intellectual Property Rights has been high on the agenda of the policymakers these days and there has been a wide and ongoing debate on the nature and scope of these rights. WIPO has defined these rights as rights accruing from creations of mind. But, the value of Intellectual Property does not lie merely in creation and development rather in its commercialization. Intellectual Property is a powerful commercial asset whose commercialization is yet to be fully developed in India.
Though, Indian Law has travelled a very long way in providing protection to different kinds of Intellectual Property creations; the condition and circumstances of gaining protection and commercializing these rights remain vulnerable.
The primary reason behind this is lack of awareness and the cumbersome process of getting protection to these rights which has led to numerous incidents of plagiarism, stealing of traditional knowledge of local communities, amongst others. Large scale schemes and programs spreading awareness among people including communities and students is the need of the hour.
Intellectual Property Rights: Emerging Issues and challenges
Call for Papers
We cordially invite articles and research papers on the Theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the Seminar on the following e-mail ID:email@example.com
- Role of Institutions, NGOs in creating awareness about IPR
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property Rights
- TRIPS Agreement and Geographical Indications
- IPR issues in Cyberspace
- Design and Copyright
- Commercialization of Traditional Cultural Expression (TCE)
- Technology, Market Freedom and Public Domain
- Intellectual Property Rights and Biodiversity
- University-Industry Partnerships: Role of Intellectual Property
- Harmonization of Intellectual Property Rights and Anti-Trust Laws
- Pharmaceutical Patents and Public Health
- Patent of Life Forms
- Patent Reforms: Utility and Software Patents
- Evolution of Biotechnology and Patents
- IPR and Fashion Technology
- Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) and their availability on FRAND terms
- Counterfeiting and Infringement of Trademarks
- Protection of Traditional Knowledge
- Plant Variety Protection: Breeders’ Rights and PVPFR
- Infringement of IPR law provisions
Note: The above mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive. The author may submit the research paper on any topic related to the theme.
- The language of the paper, the working language of the Seminar and the presentations shall be done in English only.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of maximum two authors per submission.
- The author (s) are required to send abstract of their paper, upon selection of which they will be required to send their paper.
- The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 500 words. The soft copy of the abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page.
- Author(s) Name(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number, to be stated clearly in the cover page of the Paper.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Author (s) will be required to fill the registration form after the selection of their abstract.
- In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the Seminar to present the paper.
- A person may submit the maximum of only 1 article.
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- 19th Bluebook citation format shall be strictly followed.
- The paper should be within 3500-4000 words inclusive of footnotes and abstract.
All submissions must be made in Soft Copy to the aforementioned E-mail ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before the last date of submission. All submissions must be made in word document format. The body of the email must contain details of the Author and the Title of the Paper.
Papers guaranteeing merit shall be published in a reputed journal with ISSN number. The University reserves the discretion of the selection of the paper.
- Persons interested in attending (Not required to make any submission) the Seminar may also register for the same for which they will be awarded Certificate of Participation.
- The registration process for Participation may be both earlier and On-Spot. The persons will be required to fill the registration form provided along with the brochure or available at the university, in case of on-spot registration.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 04th September, 2018
- Confirmation of Selected Abstract: 05th September, 2018
- Last Date for Paper Submission: 17th September, 2018
- Last Date for Registration: 17th September, 2018
- Date of Seminar: 23rd September, 2018
- Students/Research Scholars : Rs. 600
- Academicians/Professionals : Rs. 1200
- Participants : Rs. 500
- On Spot Registration (Students/Research Scholars/Participants) : Rs. 1000
- On Spot Registration (Academicians/Professionals) : Rs. 1700
Note: The registration fee includes seminar kit, breakfast, lunch, high tea and access to all technical sessions on the day of seminar. Registration fee does not include accommodation charges (No TA/DA). Participants seeking accommodation may consult us on or before the last date of registration through email, which may be provided on payment of the requisite charges.
Registration Fee details regarding Co-authorship:
Students: Rs. 1000 (Rs. 500 per head); On-spot registration: Rs. 1600 (Rs. 800 per head)
Academicians and Professionals: Rs. 2000 (Rs. 1000 per head); On-spot registration: Rs. 2600 (Rs. 1300 per head)
In case, only one author is attending the seminar:
Attending author (Student): Rs. 600; Attending author (Academicians and Professionals): Rs 1200.
Non-attending author (Student): Rs. 250; Non-attending author (Academicians and Professionals): Rs 650.
Note: Both the authors will have to register separately and the name of the co-author should be mentioned in the registration form. Certificate of Presentation shall be awarded to both the authors.
Chanakya National Law University, Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna – 800001, Bihar
- Prof. (Dr.) S.C. Roy, Dean (Reasearch and Development) and Coordinator IQAC: +91 9431619749
- Shubham Jaiswal: +91 8340464708
- Vaishnavi Prakash: +91 8102228837
- Shruti Shikha: +91 7739629087
UPDATE: Due to a large number of requests received, the deadline for submission of abstract has been extended to 04th September 2018.
For further information, click here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.
This post was first published on: August 6, 2018