About the college
Saveetha School of Law an esteemed institution across the country and the world is a part of the Saveetha University.
About the conference
Children are considered to be the most valuable asset in every country. Various studies have proved that protecting child rights is an indispensable duty of the State. Protection of child rights and the role of judiciary has become a burning issue in the present scenario in India.
Statistics prove that a majority of children are subjected to exploitation and denial of rights. Hence Saveetha School of Law, Saveetha University has planned to organize a 2 day Law and Inter Disciplinary International Conference on Protection And Justiciability Of Child Rights on the 19th and 20th of April 2018.
Objectives of the Conference
- To understand and study the need of protection of child rights and ascertain the role of judiciary in protecting the rights of the children in India.
- To Study the issues and challenges faced by the government and the judiciary in protection of child rights in India
- To create awareness among individuals about the need for protection of child rights in India.
- To analyze the issues and challenges faced by the by the government and the judiciary in protection of child rights in international context
- To ascertain the consequences of child labour and trafficking in India taking a global approach
Sub themes for conference
- Protection of child rights in India
- International policing and child rights
- Justifiability of child rights
- Violation of child rights in India
- India’s obligations in respect of child rights under international law
- Issues and challenged faced by the government in protection of child rights
- Need for amendment of laws with respect to child rights
- Awareness on the need to protect child rights in India
- Understanding Psychology of Child Victims subjected to violence and legal treatment
- Application and impact of child rights from a global perspective
- Child labour
- Child Trafficking
Call for papers
- Please email your abstract as an MS-Word (.doc, .docx) file without any identifying references to email@example.com with the subject-line “abstract submission”.
- The document shall contains the title of the proposed paper, name of the author(s) and name of the institution(s).
- Abstracts are due by 11:59 PM GMT on 23rd March 2018.
- Abstracts must not exceed 800 words. Co-authorship is allowed.
- Abstracts will be selected through a double blind peer-review process. Selection will be based on originality, method, relevance to the conference theme as well as geographical and gender balance.
- Only one abstract per author will be considered.
- Selected authors will be notified in due course.
- Draft papers will be due on 10th April 2018.
- Last date to send abstracts: 23rd March 2018
- Selection of abstracts: 26th March 2018
- Last date to send full paper: 10th April 2018
- Last date for Payment of fees: 10 April 2018
For paper presenters
Students(U.G and P.G): Rs. 1500
Research scholars and PhD scholars: Rs.2000
Mode of payment
Mode of payment of registration fees shall be informed via mail to the selected authors.
For Further information contact
Contact: Asst.prof.Amara , Leelesh Sundaram
Faculty coordinator Student coordinator