School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal is pleased to extend an invitation for participation in the SAARCLAW-JLU Moot Court Competition,2019 (III Edition of JLU Moot Court Competition). The Moot Court Competition is scheduled to take place from 15th – 17th February 2019.
School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University is organizing the III edition of the prestigious Moot Court Competition to provide a platform to law students not only across India but also SAARC countries to showcase their advocacy skills and legal acumen, and with the idea of promoting progress and solidarity among the legal fraternity.
The Moot Proposition for this edition of the Competition is based on Constitutional and International Human Rights issues.
- Students pursuing 3 years/ 5 years undergraduate LL.B. degree course are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Only one team can participate from each institution
How to register
Teams must register by January 15, 2019 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Registration for SAARCLAW JLU Moot Court Competition 2019”.
On receiving the registrations, 40 teams will be allowed to participate in the Competition on First come-First serve basis.
Out of these 40 teams, 10 shall be reserved for the SAARC nations. The same will be notified immediately to the respective teams through electronic mail.
Selected teams must confirm their participation by January 18, 2019 by sending an email to email@example.com.
The duly filled in hard copies of the Registration Form along with a demand draft of
INR 6000/- (Indian Rupees Six Thousand Only) or US $70( US Dollar seventy only for foreign teams) must reach the Organizers latest by January 20, 2019.
In case the team comprises of an observer also, the amount for the demand draft shall be INR 7,500/- (Indian Rupees Seven Thousand Five Hundred Only).
The demand draft will have to be made in favour of ‘Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal’ payable at Bhopal.
The participating teams must send their Registration Forms accompanied with demand draft and travel plan only through Speed Post. The teams shall solely be responsible for any kind of delay in receipt of Registration Form.
The Registration form along with Demand Draft and Travel Plan should be sent to the following address:
Prof. (Dr.) Yogendra Kumar Srivastava
S-643, Nehru Nagar,
Bhopal-462003 (M.P.) India
The competition embraces following awards:
- Best Team: Rs. 1,50,000
- Runners-Up: Rs. 1,00,000
- Best Memorial: Rs. 25,000
- Best Speaker: Rs. 25,000
- Best Researcher: Rs. 25,000
Regarding moot procedure and proposition:
- Mr. Deevanshu Shrivastava, Moot Court Convenor, +91 – 9329285959
- Mr. Ankit Singh, Moot Court Co-Convenor, +91 – 8966049636
- Mr. Omkareshwar Pathak, Moot Court Co-Convenor, +91 – 9425824716
Regarding travel and accommodation:
- Ms. Apoorva Dixit, Assistant Professor, +91 – 9893088822
- Ms. Pooja Kiyawat, Assistant Professor, +91 – 99981667549
- Ms. Varuni Sehgal, V-Year, B.B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Student Convenor
- Ms. Megha Motwani, IV-Year, B.B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), Student Co-Convenor
Rules and Regulations
Travel Details Form