The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university.
LIST OF BOOKS FOR BOOK REVIEW
1. Legal Confidential: Adventures of an Indian Lawyer – Ranjeev C. Dubey (2015)
2. India’s Legal System: Can it be Saved? (Interrogating India), S. Fali Nariman. (2006)
3. Offend, Shock or Disturb: Free Speech Under the Indian Constitution, Gautam Bhatia (2016)
4. The Turn of the Tortoise: The Challenge and Promise of India’s Future, T N Ninan. (2015)
5. Before Memory Fades: An Autobiography, Fali S. Nirman (2012)
6. Maverick Unchanged, Unrepentant, Ram Jethmalani (2014)
7. Wings of Fire: An Autobiography, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
8. Legends in Law – Our Great Forebears, Pai, V. Sudhish (2013)
9. A Textbook of Medical Jurisprudence & Toxicology, Jaising P. Modi (2015)
10. Law and Practice of Alternative Dispute Resolution in India – A Detailed Analysis,
Anirban Chakraborty (2015)
11. The Upside Down Book of Nuclear Power: With Musings on Energy, Saurav Jha (2012)
12. Media Law and Ethics, M. Neelamalar (2009)
LIST OF CASES FOR CASE COMMENT
1. Shreya Singhal v. Union of India AIR 2015 SC 1523
2. G. Sundarrajan v. Union of India and others (2013) 6 SCC 620
3. Kunal Saha v. Sukumar Mukherjee (2011) 13 SCC 98
4. ABC vs. State (NCT of Delhi) AIR 2015 SC 2569
5. Novartis AG v. Union Of India (2013) 6 SCC 1
6. Laxmi v. Union of India & Others (2014) 4 SCC 427
7. Lily Thomas v. Union of India (2013) 7 SCC 653
8. Voluntary Health Association of Punjab v. Union of India AIR 2013 SC 1571
9. Animal Welfare Board of India v. People for Elimination of stray troubles (2015) SCC 1193
10. Re-Inhuman Conditions in 1382 Prisons (2016) SCC 121
Registration fees by demand draft in the name of “Registrar, RGNUL, Punjab” payable at Patiala must reach on or before 25th April 2016 on the address mentioned below along with the single side printed hard copy of the Book Review or Case Comment and Registration Form.
The participants should mail at [email protected] the following the attachments.
Book Review and Case Comment in MS Word format with subject “Book Review or Case Comment”- Name of Author(s)
Cover Letter containing name of participant, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of
college/university with address and class
Identity card of the student
PRIZES (For Case Comment & Book Review Competitions each)
First Prize – Rs. 3000/-
Second Prize –Rs. 2500/-
Third Prize – Rs. 1500/-
RGNUL Students will only be eligible for Publication and Certificate of Merit.
The name of the winners will be displayed on www.rgnul.ac.in. Separate intimation will also be sent to each winner.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
Deadline for Submission: 18th April 2016
Result Declaration: 25th May 2016
Top 15 selected Book Reviews and Case Comments will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN No. with a reputed Book Publishing House.