About the University
The Raksha Shakti University is a unique and first of its kind University in India, running various undergraduate, post graduate and diploma courses.
One of the main objectives of the University is to prepare manpower to tackle the upcoming challenges of various types of offences such as terrorism, economic offences, cyber crime, telecommunication related offences and other offences that require expertise in forensic science.
This University, by way of providing efficient persons for security forces, helps the Government to enhance security and safety of the people in the country.
About the LLM Course at Raksha Shakti University
LLM Two year’s full time programme is being offered to meet higher excellence in the field of legal education. As per the objective of Raksha Shakti University, internal security is the thrust area.
The course is divided into two specializations.
- Group A – Crime & Security Laws,
- Group B – Economic Crime & Laws.
Therefore, the said course is designed for those aspirants who want to make their future in legal sphere i.e. Judges Prosecutor, Academician, Law officers, Police Personnel etc.
It covers the various aspects of Internal Security nationally and internationally.
The LL.M. Degree Course offered in this institution intends:
- To train law students to critically analyze and evaluate the laws of different legal systems
- To produce experts specialised in legal spheres and
- To produce efficient academician, prosecutor, lawyers, Jurists, legal advisor and bankers
- To provide opening promotional avenues in legal spheres.
The LL.M. (Crime & Security Laws) course equip students with:
- In-depth knowledge of the key concepts, theories and debates in the field of Crimes & Internal Security Laws from theoretical and doctrinal perspective.
- Solid understanding of the value and techniques of theoretical and doctrinal study.
- Critical awareness of current debates and trends in Crimes & Internal Security Laws.
Eligibility for Admission for LLM Programme
The candidate must have obtained Law Graduate Degree from any University recognized by U.G.C. and the candidate should have obtained at least 45% marks in the aggregate in the said class candidates who have appeared in Law Graduate (Final Year) are also eligible to apply.
However, such a candidate will have to produce his/her final year mark sheet as a proof of passing LL.B. (Final Year) examination on or before the date of admission, failing which their claim to admission shall stand forfeited.
Duration of LL.M. Programme
Minimum 2 years and Maximum 4 years.
Admission will be on merit basis. However, university may reserve every right to conduct entrance examination for the same.
Reservation of Seats: As per University/Government rules.
For male candidates: Rs. 20,000/- per semester
For female candidates: Rs. 10,000/- per semester
Caution money: Rs. 2000/-(Refundable)
- Banking sector and PSUs.
- Ministry of Finance, Directorate of Enforcement.
- Faculty recruitment/University teacher. As per the course curriculum candidates having LLM in the said specialized area generally get preference in faculty recruitment of various Police Universities.
- And many other areas where criminal law experts are required.
Admission process starts in the month of April-May. Details are published on RSU website and in news papers.
NCC certificate holders, sports persons & girls students get preference in admission. Except for Ph.D & M. Phil programmes.
Students can apply for admission through online or offline.
E-mail: [email protected]
For further details, click HERE.