The Faculty of Law, PES University aims to be one of the best emerging law schools.
‘Lex De Novo’ provides a platform for young legal minds to express their thoughts and pen down their perceptions.
The topic for the essay competition is: ‘Democracy and Liberty vis-à-vis Dissent’
The competition is open for LL.B / B.A.,LL.B / BBA,LL.B. students studying in any of the BCI recognized Law Schools / Colleges / Departments of the Universities in India.
- Each participating Law School / College can send in only THREE entries.
- Co-authored essays are not permitted.
Formatting and Submission Guidelines
The essay should contain minimum 2500 words and maximum 3500 words, (approximately 10 to 12 double space typed pages, New Times Roman, font size 12) including footnotes and references (font size 10), typed on one side of A4 size papers.
- The medium of writing shall be English only.
- The essay shall be an original contribution of the author.
- The Candidate shall not reveal the identity of his/her College/University anywhere in the essay.
- The participants shall submit 02 hard copies and 01 soft copy respectively on or before 10th October 2018 to email@example.com
- Each entry must be supported by an authorization of the head of the institute on a letter head mentioning the identity of the student. (i.e, Name, Year, with proper contact details)
Note: DD (from Nationalised Bank preferably) shall be drawn in favour of “PES UNIVERSITY GENERAL FUND” payable at Bengaluru. The DD shall reach to Faculty of Law, Panini Block 4th Floor, PES University, Outer Ring Rd, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bengaluru, Karnataka- 560085.
- Subject Matter: 20 Marks
- Novelty: 20 Marks
- Clarity of Ideas: 20 Marks
- Legal Authority and References, etc: 20 Marks
- Linguistic Command: 20 Marks
- Negative marking for violating submission rules and plagiarism.
- 5 marks will be deducted if plagiarism is found to be more than 15%.
- The participants should not have published the essay in any other competition or publication.
- All essays will be deemed to be the property of Faculty of Law, PES University, Bengaluru which reserves the right to publish the same.
- The decision of the judges shall be final.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 10,000
- 2nd Prize: Rs. 7,500
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 5000
Last date for registration: 1st October 2018
Last date for submission of essays: 10th October 2018
Announcement of selected essays: 20th October 2018
Symposium & Prize Distribution: 29th October 2018
Note: The participants should register on this page.
Faculty coordinator: Prof. Udayasimha N G:09590277381
- Ms. Bhoomika: 08296469849
- Mr.Sushanth B P: 09663074524
Click here for official notification.