Civic Concepts International (CCI) calls for applications to its three months internship programme designed for young leaders from around the globe. It is a great opportunity to get your skills fine-tuned in the following areas: leadership, marketing, public relations, networking, business, time management and teamwork.
Civic Concepts International (CCI) is a social enterprise promoting global citizenship by partnering with youth organizations and educators to provide high-potential youth with tools and resources that will build leadership skills, promote cross-cultural understanding, and cultivate ethical responsibility.
Aims of Internship Programme:
- To foster and advance the talents of promising young leaders worldwide.
- To develop a conference of the highest standards that is for young leaders, by young leaders.
- To build and maintain relationships with partner universities and future sponsors.
- To create and keep an exciting, innovating and stimulating environment leading up to and during the conference.
- To foster a collaborative environment and provide successful applicants the opportunity to work with individuals of different cultural, religious and socio-economic background. In doing so, the internship will allow interns to learn valuable skills in negotiating, diplomatic conflict resolution, and culture awareness.
- Age: 18-30 years old.
- Preferably a registered student at an accredited university.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Proven record of leadership and civic engagement.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to deliver high standard of work within the prescribed time limit.
- Ability and willingness to work in a culturally diverse team. It is also very important to be culturally sensitive and constructive while working in a fast paced environment, before and during the conference.
- Be proficient in MS Office, project management software and web.
- Fluent in written and oral English. Knowledge of a second language (or more) highly desirable.
- Preference will be given for IYLC alumni. However, we will aim to maintain a balance between new candidates and our alumni.
Terms and Conditions:
- Duration: Three months; might be extended depending on the performance of the intern.
- Selected interns will need to commit up to 10(minimum) to 20 hours per week.
- Interns will work directly under the leadership of Project Manager.
- Interns are required to respond actively to all the tasks assigned to them via email, telephonic conversations and Basecamp (project management software).
- CCI reserves the right to terminate the internship programme at anytime, if the said intern is not fulfilling the duties assigned to him/her.
- All selected interns receive a certificate of appreciation from the Project Manager upon successful completion of the term.
- Exceptional interns stand a chance to win free admission to one of the International Youth Leadership Conferences.
- Outstanding Interns could also be eligible for performance-based incentives that cover airfare and a daily stipend during the conference.
- Submit your CV (maximum two pages in length) and a motivation letter (not more than 500 words) explaining how you meet the requirements of the internship programme and why you want to be part of it.
- Applications must be submitted to email@example.com with subject mentioning “Application for Internship”
- The deadline for submission of application is 25th July 2017.
If you have any queries, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.