OnDemandLaws is a Partnership firm registered under the Partnership Act, 1932.OnDemandLaws is going to organize the Competition named: First National Research Writing Competition, 2018.
By this competition we would like to enhance the researching skills of various law students and make them to know regarding the various of latest amendments and precedents, why that Law/Precedent evolved, what was it was needed. The main mission before organizing this Online Best Research Writing Competition is to promote the information of some of the important concept’s need as well as reasons for their evolution.
The participant has to choose any Topic/Section from the under given themes and have to do research work on that particular topic i.e. they have to do research work from the need for evolution of that Law/Precedent to the latest development in that law and along with all the amendments taken place in that Particular topic till now.
By participating in this Online Best Researcher Competition the participants can enhance their researching skills and will get to know about the knowledge of the particular Section or Law Point deeply. The best researcher’s submission will be published in the repudiated Journal named The Journal for Indian Researchers (ISSN: 2581:3595).
- Law on Marital Rape.
- Right to Life vs. Right to Die.
- Uniform Civil Code (U.C.C.)
- Right to Information.
- Concept of Legal Aid.
- Judicial Review.
The participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3 Year L.L.B. course or 5 Year B.A.LL.B. Course from any recognized university/school or pursuing LLM from any recognized University.
Rules and Regulations
- There’s only single entry participation in this event.
- Any Law College or Law University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The competition shall be in English only.
- All the submitted research papers must be original and should not have any plagiarism.
- The registration fee for the competition is Rs.750 and the competition for the single participants only (With Late Fees Rs 750+250).
- The registration fee is to be paid by doing PayTm on any of the following numbers:
- 8262892004 on name of Amit/OnDemandLaws.
- 8351033361 on name of Varun Kumar.
For Registering for the Competition, click here.
NOTE: Registration fee is not refundable at all costs. It will be refundable only in a case the competition is called off by the organizing committee due to any unavoidable circumstances. (In such a case refund will be initiated in your PAYTM & BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS).
Registration Fee includes:
- Cost of Hard Copies of Certificate of Participation.
- Cost of Cash Prizes.
- Other necessary expenses.
Format of Main Text and Footnotes
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
- The Main headings should be in font size of 14 and the sub headings should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, and justified.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
- The length of paper should not exceed 3000-4500 words (including footnotes).
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10 and 1.5 spacing and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
- Plagiarism should not be more than 30 %.
- All articles must be in doc. Or docx format.
- The page layout must be A4.
Note: Any submission in pdf form shall not be accepted.
Headings should follow the following standard
Headings and Sub-Headings: All Capitals and Bold (Times New Roman font, in font size 14 for Main Headings and 12 for Sub-Headings) & Center Aligned.
Research Papers: 3000- 4500 words, inclusive of footnotes
Uniform Style of Citation should be adhered to. The method of citation which is expected to be followed is Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition.
Format of Submission
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your Institution and the name of student/participant/researcher. NOTE: The Cover Page must be submitted separately on separate file.
- Introduction of your selected theme.
- Historical events behind its need and evolution for that Law/Scope of that Law.
- Relevant questions arised on that during its evolution.
- Latest Case laws/Developments in that.
- Any latest Amendment in that Field.
- Your view regarding that particular Topic/Field/Law Point.
- Hypothesis/Conclusion on that topic.
- The decision of the organizing committee as well as will be final.
- The Evaluation must be according to the evaluation criteria and an evaluation sheet shall be published on the official site after the declaration of the results.
|Citing of Relevant laws i.e. Case Laws, Statutes.||20|
|Latest developments and amendments in that topic||20|
|Researcher’s Relevant Point of view||10|
|Presentation Style, Compliance with Rules and overall impression of research||20|
- Release of Official notification: 8th May, 2018.
- Last date of Registration: 25 May, 2018. (With LATE FEES 30th May, 2018.)
- Last date for submission of research paper: 20th June, 2018.
- Date of declaration of result: 20th July,2018
How to submit
Click here to submit.
- Rs. 4000 + Publication on The Journal for Indian Researchers with ISSN number for the First Winner,
- Rs 2000 + Publication on The Journal For Indian Researchers with ISSN number for the Second Winner,
- Rs 1500 + Publication on The Journal for Indian Researchers with ISSN number for the Third Winner.
- Hard Copy of the Participating Certificate.
NOTE: OnDemandLaws reserve the right to remove any of the above-mentioned rewards (Only if we do not receive suitable submissions for the concerned rewards). All the participants who submit the submission in the prescribed format would get a hard copy of the participation certificate.
- Mr. Abhishek Puri (Co-Founder and COO & Partner, 9625577005).
- Mr. Varun Kumar (Founder and CEO & Partner, 8351033361).
- Mr. Amit (Co-Founder and COO & Partner, 8262892004).
Contact Timings: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- The Research work submitted must be original and true and must not be copied from anywhere, if found then the researcher will be liable for that him/her self.
- The name of the researcher’s should not be mentioned anywhere in the research-papers. A separate word file must be submitted consisting of researcher’s personal details.
Click here for official notification and here for official website.