OnDemandLaws is a Partnership Firm registered under the Indian Partnership Act, 1932. Our mission is to promote the legal education and further organise several law competitions and seminars and conferences by which legal education can be promoted among the law students.
OnDemandLaws’ 1st National Online Mediation Writing Competition 2018
OnDemandLaws presents India’s 1st National Online Mediation Writing Competition 2018. The aim behind organising this ‘Mediation Competition’ is to promote the concept of ‘Mediation’ among the law students and it is also aimed at helping the students to gain practical knowledge of the aspect. This initiative in itself is a revolution.
You all must have participated in offline mediation competitions. But, have you ever wonder that it is not possible for every law student to participant in person due to variety of reasons and therefore, OnDemandLaws decided to bring something new. So, here we present 1st online mediation writing competition. The competition is designed to acquaint the law student participants with advocacy skills in alternative dispute resolution processes, specifically mediation.
The focus of this competition is on attorney representation of clients in mediation. The judging criteria are designed to reward those participants who use an effective combination of advocacy skills and a problem-solving approach in the mediation. Participants are not expected to sacrifice their client’s interests in order to be collaborative.
This competition is designed to acquaint the law student with advocacy in these processes, specifically mediation. The focus of this competition is on attorney representation of clients in mediation. Judging criteria are geared toward examining the effective combination and use of advocacy and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- The participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school or pursing LLM from any recognized University or person who is preparing for judiciary.
- In one team, not more than three participants are allowed (3 participants are compulsory). A team comprising students from different colleges are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Any Law College or Law University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The competition shall be in English only.
- Write-ups shall have no plagiarism and should be an original work of the participants.
Team consists of the following members
- 1st Legal Attorney (1st legal attorney will represent Plaintiff’s side).
- 2nd Legal Attorney (2nd legal attorney will represent Defendant’s side).
- Sole Mediator (Sole mediator will act impartially and will give his/her final order & findings on the matter in dispute).
- Word limits –3500-4000 words (Including Footnoting).
- Format – MSWord
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size- 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom centre
- Line Spacing- 1.5 for text and 1.0 for footnotes
- Alignment- Justified
- Margin- One inch each side
- The citation methodology to be followed is Harvard Bluebook (19th Edition) (Can download from our official site).
- The Registration Fee is Rs.1200/- for a Team Registration.
- The Registration fee with late fee is 1450/- (250 is late registration fee).
- Mode of Payment: Registration Fees should be paid via PayTm @ 8262892004, 8351033361 on the name of OnDemandLaws or deposit the registration fees into a bank account through net banking or through any other mode of banking.
- The participants must submit the duly filled registration form via JotForm after making Payment and attach the screenshot of Payment while filling up the registration form.
- An acknowledgement will be auto generated after filling up the registration form.
To register, click here.
Registration fee includes
- Cost of Hard Copies of Certificate of Participation.
- Cost of Cash Prizes.
- Cost of Trophies.
- Other necessary expenses.
Mediator’s Order and 1st & 2nd Legal Attorneys’ Contentions must be sent as DOCX files through a Google form. Submissions submitted through any other mode other than Google form shall be disqualified.
The link to Google form is given here.
The title or name of the files must be in the following format namely,
- For 1st Legal Attorney, it must be as “1st Legal Attorney’s Contentions”.
- For 2nd Legal Attorney, it must be as “2nd Legal Attorney’s Contentions”.
- For Sole Mediator, it must be as “Mediator’s Order”.
NOTE: Registration fee is not refundable at all costs. It will be refundable only in a case the competition is called off by the organizing committee due to any unavoidable circumstances. (In such a case refund will be initiated in your PayTm & BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS).
- Last date for registration: 1st June 2018
Last date for clarification: 3rd June 2018
- Allotment of team codes: 4th June 2018
- Last date for submission of soft copies: 15th June 2018
- Declaration of result: 15th July 2018
NOTE: To download the official mediation proposition, please click on this link.
|BEGINNING & OPENING OF THE MEDIATOR’S ORDER/LEGAL ATTORNEY’S CONTENTIONS||10|
|ISSUES AND POINTS FOR DETERMINATION||20|
|CITING OF RELEVANT LAWS VIZ. CASE-LAW, STATUTES & OPINIONS OF JURISTS||20|
|DECISION ON ISSUES FRAMED (IN CASE OF MEDIATOR) & LEGAL ATTORNEY’S CONTENTIONS ON ISSUES FRAMED||30|
|PRESENTATION, STYLE, CLARITY, APPEARANCE, & OVER-ALL IMPRESSION||20|
Each team will be provided with a unique code upon registration. The identity of the teams shall not be disclosed at any stage; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
Notwithstanding any other rule, the following penalties may be levied on participants:
- Disqualification on grounds of
- Non submission of soft copies.
- Breach of anonymity rule.
- Submission of soft copies beyond five days of the date of submission.
- Submission not complying with Rules shall attract a penalty of two marks.
- Submission beyond the date of submission shall attract penalty of ten marks per day.
- The Competition will consist of only single round.
- It shall be an online event.
Format of the Mediator’s Order and Legal Attorney’s Contentions
- A separate cover page in a DOCX file stating the name of the competition, the name of your Institution and the names of student authors along with their roles in the competition. One cover page is sufficient for a team. No need to make different cover pages.
- The Mediator’s Order and Attorneys’ Contentions shall begin in a new DOCX file. The first page of Mediator’s Order and Attorneys’ Contentions must contain Team Code, Name of the Mediator, Case Name, Case Number, Legal Attorneys’ Names, Date of Institution of Suit and Date of Mediator’s Order.
- History and Procedural History of the Case.
- Issues and Points for Determination.
- Framing Specific Questions for determination.
- Reference to Precedents, Other Sources (both authoritative and persuasive).
- Decision on issues framed or points formulated.
Decision of the jury shall be final and binding. Decision of the Organizing Committee shall be binding in interpretation of any rules or for any query or otherwise.
- Winning Team: INR 5000 (Cash Prize) + Winner’s Trophy + INR. 2000 Gift Voucher of Legal Desire Course + One publication free of cost in The Journal for Indian Researchers ISSN: 2581-3595 (Law Journal) (Publication must comply with Journal’s publication policy).
- Runner Up Team: INR 3500 (Cash Prize) + Runner Up’s Trophy + One publication free of cost in The Journal for Indian Researchers ISSN: 2581-3595 (Law Journal) (Publication must comply with Journal’s publication policy).
- Best Mediator: INR 2000 (Cash Prize) + Best Mediator’s Trophy + One publication free of cost in The Journal for Indian Researchers ISSN: 2581-3595 (Law Journal) Publication must comply with Journal’s publication policy).
- Best Legal Attorney: INR 2000 (Cash Prize) + One publication free of cost in The Journal for Indian Researchers ISSN: 2581-3595 (Law Journal) (Publication must comply with Journal’s publication policy).
Note: OnDemandLaws reserve the right to remove any of the above-mentioned rewards (Only if we do not receive suitable submissions for the concerned rewards). All the participants who submit the submission in the prescribed format would get a hard copy of the participation certificate & 10 per cent discount to all the participants on Online Legal Courses being provided by Legal Desire, provided that 10 per cent discount will be given to only those participants who submit their submissions in the prescribed format. Those participants who don not submit their submissions are not eligible to get 10 per cent discount coupons. OnDemandLaws wouldn’t be liable for any prizes sponsored by the Sponsors. OnDemandLaws is liable to pay only cash prizes.
For any kind of query mail us at email@example.com
- Mr. Amit (Co-Founder and COO & Partner, 8262892004).
- Mr. Varun Kumar (Founder and CEO & Partner, 8351033361).
- Mr. Abhishek Puri (Co-Founder and COO & Partner, 9625577005).
Contact Timings: 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Click here for official notification and for official website, click here.