Themes of the conference:
1. Historical Background of GST; Making of the 101st Amendment and the relevant laws
2. Co-operative federalism.
3. States’ fiscal autonomy.
4. GST Council – its place and status in the constitution.
5. Dispute settlement in GST Council and the Supreme Court.
6. Best practices in other countries vis-a-vis India with reference to GST
7. The big and peripheral changes: emerging trends
It is open to all concerned bureaucrats, lawyers, stakeholders, academicians, judges, researchers and students.
PAPER WRITING AND PRESENTATION:
Papers are invited from all the stakeholders. Only selected papers will be allowed to be presented in the conference. The paper may also be published.
The paper should be of around 5000 to 6000 words.
Nominal Registration Fee of Rs. 500/- only is applicable for registration kit, refreshment and lunch.
Payment can be made by cheque, or demand draft or NEFT OR Bank transfer in favour of ‘THE WBNUJS CFRGS A/C’
NEFT details – A/C NO. 066300101009922; IFSC CODE- CORP0000663; CORPORATION BANK, NUJS BRANCH.
Last date for submission of full length papers: 22nd February, 2017
Date of conference: 25th of February, 2017.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Dr. Sanjay Kumar, Assistant Professor of Law, WBNUJS
Ph. 094 77 091658
Email: [email protected]
Full details are here.
Note: Students may ignore the last date of submission of abstracts mentioned in the above document. Lawctopus has got confirmation about the same from the organizers.
Students are free to attend the event as participants.
Only exceptional papers will be allowed to be presented.