Centre for Environment and Law (CEL) and Centre for Law and Economics (CLE), NUALS, Kochi are conducting a two day National Workshop on Sustainable Development – Balancing Ecology with Economy on the 3rd and 4th of March, 2018.
Aim and Objectives of the programme
This Workshop aims to discuss various conflicts underlying economic growth and sustainable development. It mainly focuses on deliberating upon the most pertinent challenges facing humanity at large, which is balancing social progress, infrastructure and economic growth with sustainable environmental protection.
This Workshop aims to provide a platform for the participants to interact with environmental activists, lawyers and academicians who have worked at the ground level, in Tribunals and with institutions in order to gain a holistic and realistic perspective on the status quo of environmental governance in India.
Our objective through this Workshop is to have a discussion and exchange ideas on various issues under the theme of balancing progress and environment by engaging various stakeholders.
The workshop will be conducted on the following thematic areas as mentioned below:
- Balancing Sustainable Development Goals and Entrepreneurship.
- Lacunae in Law and Policy to promote sustainable development.
- Infrastructure and Environment Protection.
- Environmental Activism and Collective Responsibility Goals.
- Food Security and GM Concerns.
- Energy and Environment.
- Water resources – Lakes and Groundwater Preservation.
- Air Pollution – Future of our Cities.
- Noise Pollution.
- Climate Change Economics and International Action.
We acknowledge the participation of all the Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students in the National Workshop.
Date and Venue
The Workshop will be held on 3rd and 4th of March, 2018 at National University Of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
- Registration form: Click here
- Limited seats are available.
- Last date for registration: February 27th, 2018.
The Accommodation will be made available on chargeable basis. Kindly email us at email@example.com for further information.
Convenor CEL: Govind Nair – 9497434000.
Co-Convenor: Swetha Janakiraman – 9845706733.
This post was first published on: February 18, 2018