About the Workshop
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai is one of the premier institutions of India imparting legal education.
International Justice Mission (IJM) is a global organisation that protects the most vulnerable from violence and oppression. IJM collaborates with local, state and national governments and grassroots organisations to protect the poor from violent forms of injustice, such as bonded labour and sex trafficking in India.
The necessity to address human trafficking as a transnational crime is highly significant as it defines the problem not as a territorial crime but as a phenomenon tied to international organised crime.
Workshop Date: 20th March 2018
Themes of the Workshop
- The deliberation upon the extra-territorial or trans-national nature of the crimes like cross- border terrorism, human trafficking, drug trafficking, arms trafficking smuggling, money laundering among others.
- The propelling elements for the expedient growth of these crimes like globalization, socio-economic inequality, intolerance and others may be explored.
- The thorough examination of the suppressive laws on human trafficking at both international and domestic levels will form the focal theme of the workshop.
- The practical difficulties in reaching the uniformity by states for instance in defining a human trafficking, in specifying punitive relief, delayed ratification, victim rehabilitation may be identified.
- The proper conceptualization of human trafficking, structuring/modification of the existing domestic laws and their enforcement.
Prof. PM Nair, IPS (Retd.)
Former Director General, NDRF & Civil Defence, New Delhi
Dr. Aman Hingorani
Advocate on Record and Mediator at Supreme Court of India
Mr. Sanjay Macwan
Regional Director, IJM India
Mr. Michael Yangad
Director of Operations, IJM Mumbai
Dr. Sarfaraz Ahmed
Registrar, West Bengal National University of Juridical Science, Kolkata
Dr. Srinivas Burra
Assistant Professor, South Asian University, New Delhi
Mr. Sanjeet Ruhal
Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Law School, Pune
The interested participants from government, academia, NGO’s, students may register to attend the workshop by sending an email to [email protected] in the format given below. The scanned copy of the form shall be attached to the email. Participation certificate will be given. The high tea and lunch will also be provided to the participants. Seats are limited.
Early Bird Registration Fees (before 10.03.2018) for students is Rs. 100/- and for Professionals is Rs. 300/-Late Registration Fees (before 20.03.2018) for students is Rs. 300/- and for Professionals is Rs. 500/-The fees may be paid via NEFT, DD drawn in favour of ‘Registrar, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai’ or by Cash.
Name of Bank: Axis Bank
A/c No.: 915010046322292
Name of Beneficiary: Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai
IFSC Code: UTIB0000233
Branch: Marine Lines
- CHIRAG BALYAN – ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, MNLU M – 7799197841 – [email protected]
- AKHILA B.G. – TEACHER ASSOCIATE, MNLU M – 8130532632 – [email protected]
For details, download the brochure given here.