Engagement with Legal Philosophy: Issues, Relevance and Teaching Methods
December 15, 2017 – December 19, 2017
National Law University, Delhi
Teachers’ Training Programme:
This week-long training course envisages an engagement with identified areas of legal philosophy focussing on questions like the nature of law, its relationship with morality, moral justifications/concerns with respect to legal approach towards various issues, South Asian contribution to legal theory as well as critical perspectives to law.
The resource persons for the programme include Prof. Upendra Baxi, Prof. B. B. Pande, Prof. (Dr.) A. Lakshminath, Prof. (Dr.) Kamala Sankaran, Prof. (Dr.) Amita Dhanda, Dr. Usha Ramanathan, Prof. Sitharamam Kakarala, Prof. Sudhir Krishnaswamy.
Who can Apply:
Academicians, scholars and practitioners engaged in teaching and researching jurisprudence or having interest in legal philosophy.
Aims and Objectives:
• To introduce and dwell upon classical as well as critical and contemporary perspectives pertaining to law;
• To explore, understand and critically evaluate South Asian contribution to legal philosophy;
• To better contextualise abstract philosophical inquiries about law and general/specific areas or issues therein;
• To discern the manifestation of different perspectives and reasoning in the practices of law – makers, adjudicators, legal educators, corporate sector as well as civil society;
• To provide a platform for discussion on how to make teaching a course like jurisprudence more engaging and enriching experience both for the facilitators and students; and
• To come up with Law Teachers’ Declaration on Jurisprudence curriculum.
• Last date for registration: December 05, 2017;
• Payment can be made Online or through Demand Draft
Registrations are now closed.
For Demand Draft: Interested participants should fill up the Registration Form along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 3000/- (Three Thousand Only) drawn in favour of ‘REGISTRAR, NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, DELHI’ payable at Delhi;
For Online Payment: Please find the link here.
• Registration form along with demand draft in an envelope with Teachers’ Training Programme on Jurisprudence written on it, should be sent at the following address: The Registrar, National Law University, Delhi, Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110078;
• Kindly inform the details of Demand Draft/online payment to firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Registration fee includes reading materials, boarding and lodging of participants;
• Registration is on first come, first serve basis.
Queries, if any, may be directed to Dr. Amita Punj, Associate Professor, National Law University, Delhi and Programme Coordinator at email@example.com.
For further details, click here.