About The NLSIU Workshop
Environmental Law Centre at NLSIU is organizing One Day National Workshop on “Law and Management of Electronic waste in India Issues and Challenges” under the University Grant Commission- MRP Project.
27th January, 2017
Aim and Purpose of the Workshop
To draft a comprehensive Law manual for stakeholders, administrators and Policymakers dealing with e-waste
Waste Management, especially e-waste is now seen as part of the comprehensive global concern for sustainability.
Waste management is also seen as an issue of good governance, which is supposed to be comprised of transparency, effectiveness, openness, responsiveness and accountability.
The MoEF has notified the new E-waste Rules of 2016 with an attempt for stricter enforcement and imposing penalty.
Yet, the challenges of management and handling of e-waste continues.
The workshop attempts to
1. Acquaint with the current development of law and emerging trends in the field of e-waste.
2. To study, scrutinize and critique the existing systems of law and governance at domestic level
3. To identify gaps in the translation and legal application of prevention, precaution, recycle and reuse.
4. To make policy intervention to strengthen legal and enforcement capacities of law makers and enforcers, to enable and facilitate compliance with regulation
5. To contribute to the jurisprudence of the subject.
For any queries email may be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org