NOTICE: THIS CONFERENCE HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO CERTAIN UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CAUSED.
A Two Day International Conference On Constitutional Conventions and Practices organized by the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru will be held on the 8th and 9th of January, 2018 at the NLSIU campus.
Call for Papers
The Conference will invite presentations and papers on the following themes:
1. Constitutional Conventions in the exercise of Legislative Functions
2. Constitutional Conventions in the exercise of Judicial Functions
3. Constitutional Conventions in the exercise of Executive Functions
4. Constitutional Conventions in the exercise of President’s Authority
5. Constitutional Conventions in the exercise of the PMO’s Functions and the Council of Ministers
6. Constitutionalism and Constitutional Conventions
7. Others; For Example, Constitutional Conventions in the Office of Profit / Conflict of Interest Principles
Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original researched papers on the above mentioned themes are invited.
Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full length papers.
Authors of accepted papers shall have the privilege of presenting their paper at this conference.
Papers of outstanding quality shall be published. There can be a maximum of only one Co-author.
The Abstract should be submitted before December 10th , 2017 to email@example.com and will be reviewed for shortlisting.
The Acceptance of Abstracts will be communicated by December 15th, 2017 and the final papers need to be sent before January 5th, 2018.
Guidelines for the full length Paper
The full length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes) in case of long articles.
Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation is recommended).
Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the email addresses listed below.
- Ms. Architha Narayanan, Teaching Associate, NLSIU firstname.lastname@example.org , +91 9980157385
- For clarifications on Conference: Ms. Raagya Zadu, Teaching Associate, NLSIU email@example.com, +91 8392816954
- For Registration and Payment of Fees: Ms. Baba R S, Secretary, NLSIU firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 9880525646
For the Concept Note and other information pertaining to the Conference, please click here.
This post was first published on: November 23, 2017