The NLS Debate is South Asia’s largest debate. With over 300 student participants in the last edition, the NLS Debate has raised the standards and participation of Parliamentary Debating across the country, and is the region’s most prestigious Parliamentary Debate competition.
From a constantly reliable internal as well as external adjudication pool that we have boasted of every year, to ensuring an impeccable adjudication core and a wild break night party that you will inevitably fail to recall, The NLS Debate is a tournament you cannot miss in the South-Asian debating calendar.
In a continued effort to sustain that platform, and to once again present to you a field with the fiercest inter-varsity competition, and the most definitive title in Indian parliamentary debating, we present to you, The XI NLS Debate, 2013.
This time, we will focus specifically on ensuring an adjudication pool that you can rely on (and to keep you calm), a comprehensive adjudication test, a pre-tournament workshop for those who want to feel extra prepared, and 7 rounds of heated debate, with the main break to octa-finals.
To inculcate the passion of debating among first time debaters, we will also have a Novice Break to semis. [The criteria for a novice team is that no member of the team should have participated in more than 2 Domestic tournaments as a debater and no member should have participated in any international tournaments as adjudicator or debater]
- Team Cap: 70 teams.
- Prize Money: 1.5 lakh (possibility of an upward revision) and the coveted NLSD Rolling Trophy.
- Tournament Dates: 29th March – 2nd April, 2013
- Last Date for Registration: 15th February, 2013 (Registrations are now open).
- Release of List of Teams: 16th February, 2013
- Payment Dates: 18th February to 15th March 2013
- Institutional Team Cap: 2 teams (+2 on wait list).
- Format: Asian Parliamentary Format.
- Registration amount: Rs.1750 (Inclusive of accommodation, meals and socials).
- Registration Link is here.
- Facebook Page is here.
In case your law school is hosting an opportunity (call for papers, essay competition, moot court, fest, PD, course etc.), do let law students across India know about it by posting it on Lawctopus here.