National Law Institute University, Bhopal will be hosting the fourth edition of the NLIU–Justice R.K. Tankha Memorial National Moot Court Competition from February 28th to March 2nd, 2014.
Previous editions of the NLIU–Justice R.K. Tankha Memorial Moot have witnessed participation from more than 40 teams across India.
The problem for this edition of the moot has been drafted by Mr. Rishabh Sancheti, Advocate, Supreme Court and is based on Competition law and Constitutional law.
We are happy to announce that final round of the 4th NLIU-Justice R.K. Tankha Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2014 will be judged by sitting Supreme Court judges and semi finals will be judged by sitting High Court judges.
Further, the prize money for the moot has been revised as follows:
1. Winners – Rs. 1,10,000 ( Rs. 75,000 by cheque and Book Vouchers worth Rs. 35,000)
2. Runner’s Up – Rs. ,75,000 ( Rs. 50,000 by cheque and Book Vouchers worth Rs. 25,000)
3. Best Student Advocate – Rs. 25,000 ( Rs. 15,000 by cheque and Book Vouchers worth Rs. 10,000)
4. Best Researcher – Rs. 20,000 ( Rs. 15,000 by cheque and Book Vouchers worth Rs. 5,000)
5. Best Memorial – Rs. 20,000 ( Rs. 15,000 by cheque and Book Vouchers worth Rs. 5,000)
The NLIU-Justice Tankha Moot now holds the distinction of being the highest prized moot in the country.
Also, as we have received several requests for extending the last date of registration, the last date for submission of the Demand Draft and the Registration Form has been extended till Feburary 7, 2014.
Colleges/Universities which are in the process of conducting their intra-university selection rounds may seek further extension of the same by contacting the Convenor of Moot Court Association, Mr. Kapil Duggal.
Rules and Regulations