NITI Aayog Internship
he National Institution for Transforming India, also called NITI Aayog, was formed via a resolution of the Union Cabinet on January 1, 2015. NITI Aayog is the premier policy ‘Think Tank’ of the Government of India, providing both directional and policy inputs.
While designing strategic and long term policies and programmes for the Government of India, NITI Aayog also provides relevant technical advice to the Centre and States.
At the core of NITI Aayog’s creation are two hubs – Team India Hub and the Knowledge and Innovation Hub.
The Team India Hub leads the engagement of states with the Central government, while the Knowledge and Innovation Hub builds NITI’s think-tank capabilities. These hubs reflect the two key tasks of the Aayog.
NITI Aayog, Government of India had initiated an Internship Scheme in 2015. Based on the experience in the past years a review was made.
NITI Aayog now invites students pursuing Under Graduate/Graduate/Post Graduate degrees or who are enrolled as Research Scholars in recognised Universities/Institutions to apply for internships.
The interns shall be given exposure to various Verticals/Divisions/Units within NITI Aayog. For the “Interns” the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their future interests.
At least six weeks. And not exceeding three months.
Application procedure for the Niti Aayog internship:
- Internships are open throughout the year based on the requirements of NITI Aayog.
- Application window: 1st to the 10th of every month for internship commencing in the following month.
- Interested applicants should apply online on this link
- At the time of selection, applicants will have to produce a letter from their Supervisor/Head of Department/Principal, indicating ‘No objection’.
Interns will have to bring their own laptops.
NITI Aayog will provide working space, internet facility and other facilities deemed fit by the concerned Heads.
- The online application is here.
- Instructions are here.
- Official notification is here.
- The website is here.