NALSAR (National Academy of Legal Studies and Research) University of Law established by the Andhra Pradesh Act 34 of 1998 is a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal.
It is a fully residential university engaged in teaching and promoting research in law and allied disciplines.
The University campus is located on sprawling 50-acre site abutting the Shameerpet Lake about 26 kilometers from Hyderabad. NALSAR, University of Law is approved by the Bar Council of India & University Grants Commission.
NALSAR Proximate Education (NALSAR Pro) the distance education wing of NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad imparts professional legal education using web technology and e-learning.
NALSAR Pro offers Post Graduate Diploma courses in Patents Law, Cyber Laws, Media Laws and International Humanitarian Law. The course programmes have been approved by Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission.
The Programme has personal Contact classes from frontline experts of academics, industry, legal fraternity and Regulators has already made a mark for its content delivery and pedagogy.
Enrolled candidates can take their exams at Hyderabad and will be backed by updates of course materials through printed material and Web updates.
The Course content and deliveries are as intense as that of regular programmes and prepare the candidates for professional assignments.
These courses can be taken even by working professionals.
NALSAR Proximate Education, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad invites applications for admission to the following courses:
|S.No.||Name of the Course|
|1||One-Year PG Diploma in Patents Law|
|2||One-Year PG Diploma in Cyber Laws|
|3||One-Year PG Diploma in Media Laws|
|4||One-Year PG Diploma in International Humanitarian Law|
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent Degree in any discipline from any recognized University;
Candidates appearing for the final year examination of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
However they need to submit their Degree certificate before September 30, 2017 for completion of their admission process.
The hard copy of the duly filled in form has to be submitted to the university in person/ post/ courier to reach us on or before 31st July, 2017, along with other enclosures.
The last date for submission of the Application form with late fee is 31st August, 2017.
Step by step process to ‘Apply Online’:
1. New candidate has to create Login ID & password by registering his/her name, email and password in the Registration form.
2. After successful registration, Login with the registered Email ID and password using ‘login here’ link given below the registration form.
3. Carefully read the contents given in the Dashboard and then Go to ‘Update Profile’ and fill in the data as per the form, all fields are Mandatory except experience and current enrolment in other courses.
4. Attach only PDF files in the attachment section.
The essential documents to be kept ready for attachment include:
a. Passport size: less than 500KB, Only .jpg, .png, .jpeg file format
b. Attested photocopy of the marks statement of X Standard (only .pdf file format)
c. Attested photocopy of Degree Certificate (only .pdf file format). Attestation should be either by Gazetted Officer / Notary
5. Now Click ‘Update profile’ Button.
6. After successful profile update Go-to ‘Make-Payment’ and pay the course fee. There are two options available for payment of Course fee as given below: 1. Net Banking 2. Debit / Credit Card. On selection of any option click button “Submit”.
7. Kindly note the total amount to be paid will include the Course fee amount plus applicable online payment charges.
8. After successful payment, submit the print copy of the Application form along with other enclosures before the deadline at the below given address:
List of Enclosures:
1. Attested Copy of the marks statement of X Standard (SSC), statement of marks and the Degree Certificate (i.e. an examination equivalent to Graduation) by Gazetted Officer / Notary.
2. In case of request for change of name, enclose affidavit along with copy of Gazette Notification. In case of candidates whose name changes after their marriage, they should also submit the marriage certificate along with copy of Gazette Notification.
3. Two stamp size and one passport size photographs
4. Online payment receipt received by e-mail from PayU Money. The Fee payment should consist of entire Course Fee. The convocation fee has to be paid when called for at the time of convocation.
Application to be submitted to:
The Assistant Registrar, NALSAR PROXIMATE EDUCATION, NALSAR University of Law, Justice City, Shameerpet, Medchal District, Hyderabad – 500 101
Ph. No: (040) 23498404 /402
Direct admission for eligible candidates.
Simultaneous enrolment in programmes of NALSAR Proximate Education / other Universities
As per the Distance Education Council’s policy, candidates are not allowed to pursue two Degree Programmes simultaneously.
However, a candidate can pursue two programmes simultaneously through distance mode or combination of distance and regular mode from the same or different Universities / Institutions in various combinations, viz.,
a. One Degree and one Diploma / P G Diploma / Certificate Course
b. One P G Diploma and one Diploma / Certificate Course
c. One Diploma and one Certificate Course
d. Two P G Diplomas
e. Two Diplomas
f. Two Certificate Courses
Note: NALSAR Proximate Diploma programmes / other programmes are often conducted on the same date and also the examinations will be held on the same date.
Candidates pursuing two diplomas simultaneously are cautioned that they may not be able to attend the classes or exams of two programmes and hence advised to pursue one diploma/or programme in an academic year at NALSAR Pro.
Duration, Continuation and Termination:
The duration of the Course shall be for a period of one year.
The maximum period for completion of the Course is three academic years including the year of admission.
Every candidate admitted to the course shall pay the prescribed fees at the time of admission.
If a candidate is required to continue the course beyond the academic year because of his/her non- fulfillment of the prescribed requirements for the award of the Diploma, he/she can continue the course for the subsequent two academic years or till all the requirements are completed, whichever is earlier, by paying a Re-registration fee as prescribed for each year.
The candidate should apply for re-registration within three months of expiry of earlier registration.
The marks secured in the papers already earned by the candidate shall be carried forward during the span of the eligibility for the course programme.
At the end of the third academic year if the candidate fails to fulfill all the requirements for the award of the Diploma, the admission stands automatically cancelled.
In such cases they need to enroll afresh for the programme.