The Mumbai Model United Nations 2015 is being organised by Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering, NMIMS University Mumbai between 24-26 January 2015.
The First Committee, DISEC: Disarmament and International Security
1. Steps to disarm PMSCs(Private Military & Security Services) and tackle privatization of war
2. Arms trafficking by religious extremists groups in Syria
UNODC: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
1. Addressing the issue of sex trafficking in Eastern Europe and urging full compliance by nations of Trafficking Victims Protection Act’s (TVPA) minimum standards
2. Dealing with piracy and maritime crime especially in the Indian Ocean region which has also lead to transnational organized crimes
G20: The Group of Twenty
1. Steps to curb the revenue generation of extremist groups by using oil as a medium
2. Establishment of a centralized convention for regulation of tax havens
UNHRC: United Nations Human Rights Council
1. State of Human Rights in Ukraine and adjoining regions
2. Human rights violations in rural areas of the Indian subcontinent
WTO: World Trade Organization
1. Combating unemployment with specific focus on the five “PIIGS” countries (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Greece)
2. Ensuring Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights globally with special emphasis on the needs of Least Developed Countries.
SPECPOL: Special Political and Decolonization Committee
1. Referendum in the Aksai Chin area under territorial dispute and steps to be taken to ensure long term peace in the region
2. Status of the Kurds in the Middle East
EU: European Union
1. Introduction of a general code of ethics and guidelines for mass surveillance on the internet in Europe
2. Facilitating the economic restructuring of nations affected by the meltdown by members of the EU
UNSC: United Nations Security Council (FLAGSHIP)
1. Measures to dismantle international set ups and networks of extremist outfits like those in Iraq and Syria to prevent global terrorism.
2. Addressing the demands of minority groups such as the Romanis and Kurds in the region of Eurasia
The official website can be accessed HERE.
Facebook Page can be viewed HERE.