UPDATE March 12: This conference is postponed until further notice.
About the partners
SAARCLAW was established on 24th October, 1991 at Colombo, Sri Lanka and is a Regional Apex Body of SAARC. It is an association of legal communities belonging to the 8 countries of SAARC. It comprises of judges, lawyers, academicians, law teachers and others who are affiliated with law. SAARCLAW-India is the country chapter of SAARCLAW.
Mody University of Science and Technology, Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan is one of the leading universities established only for girls.
Indian Law Institute was founded in 1956 primarily with the objective of promoting and conducting legal research.
Justice and Care is an organisation working on combating human trafficking. It works on the ground, addressing each case through its multidisciplinary operations and teams to ensure that traffickers are brought to justice and extensive care is provided to the victims.
About the issue
Human trafficking is a grave human rights violation and the third largest profitable industry in the world. It is an organised crime which is estimated to be a 150 billion dollar industry globally. As per a recent joint report of ILO and Walk-‐Free Foundation nearly 40 million people are enslaved worldwide within the web of human trafficking.
South Asia, with India at its centre, is the fastest-growing and second-largest region for human trafficking in the world, after East Asia, according to the UN Office for Drugs and Crime. India is a source, destination, and transit country for trafficking for many purposes such as commercial sexual exploitation.
Since human trafficking is an organised crime, the role of law is indispensable. Strengthening of laws is absolutely crucial to this issue. In India, The Trafficking of Persons (Prevention, Protection and Rehabilitation) Bill 2017 is yet to be passed by the Parliament. It is an improvement over the present law against trafficking with enhanced punishments being included as well as the establishment of a national anti-trafficking bureau.
Objectives of this conference
This conference is aimed at achieving the following:
1. Strengthening the understanding of the issue of human trafficking and how the amalgamation of law and technology plays a vital role for effective intervention strategies;
2. Information sharing from representatives of the SAARC nations and other countries on how law and technology around trafficking are currently positioned within their local jurisdictions;
3. Identifying gaps that exist in the current legislative frameworks as well as technological know-‐how and offering suggestions for change;
4. Devising innovative solutions for effectively combating the issue in both national as well as the international sphere;
5. Building and presenting sound recommendations that would assist in addressing the issue at national as well as the SAARC regional level.
College of Law and Governance,
Mody University of Science and Technology,
Lakshmangarh – 332311,
Distt: Sikar, Rajasthan (India)
For the purpose of this Conference the themes are listed below, they are indicative of relevant research areas to give the prospective authors innovative prepositions about the ambit of discussion during the course of conference. However, the authors may draw upon issues not limited to but touching upon the same for abstract submission and paper presentation.
- Causes and effects of increasing incidences of human trafficking in SAARC including sex trafficking, trafficking for organ extraction, bonded labour, beggary, slavery and other issues related to trafficking
- Rescue mechanisms, rehabilitations and socio-legal support for victims.
- Review and assessment of statutes of various countries
- Role of civil society organisations and independent human rights institutions in safeguarding the legal entitlements and empowerment of trafficked victims.
- Varying judicial interpretations on broadening the conceptualisation of human trafficking in national and international context.
- The maximum word limit for abstracts is 200 – 250 words.
- The submissions should be original and unpublished.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two persons. It is mandatory that at least one author may be present for paper presentation. However, each co-author has to register themselves individually on payment of mentioned registration fees.
- The word limit for full research paper is 2000-2500 words (excluding footnotes).
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 19th edition.
- The abstract should be accompanied by a cover page comprising of a brief profile of the author including name, current academic qualification, designation, institution/organization, e-mail address, contact number and postal address for correspondence.
Abstracts & research papers may be submitted at Internationalconference.firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with subject ‘Abstract for the conference’ or ‘Research Paper’ as the case may be.
- Last date of abstract submission: 12 March,2018
- Notification of selected abstracts: 16 March, 2018
- Last date of full paper submission: 20 March, 2018
- Last date of registration: 18 March, 2018
The Registration fee for the conference is as follows:
- For Teachers and Professionals: Rs. 1500/-
- For Students/Research Scholars: Rs. 800/-
Paper presenters will be given ‘Certificate of Participation’ and attending participants will be given ‘Delegate Certificate’.
The conference is open not only to law students but also to paralegals, civil society organisations, students and academicians of other disciplines.
Accommodation will be given to girls inside the campus on first come first serve basis for this please send Email to the email address given below.
For any clarification, kindly e-mail your queries at Internationalconference.firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
For Concept Note and Registration Form, click here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.