Industry-Academia Exchange and Teachers’ Training Program in Commercial Laws
This program aims to bring fresh perspective in teaching in classroom Commercial Laws courses by developing advanced curricula and create exercises and tools that will make the delivery in classroom, interesting and enriching. Successful corporate lawyers will interact with the law teachers in the classroom and share their experience, challenges and success stories.
Knowledge management professionals employed by top law firms will share their experiences in educating lawyers as well. However, the highlight of the program is that law teachers will shadow law firm associates and partners as well as independent business lawyers to get a direct experience of the kind of developments happening in the industry, upcoming areas of work and expectations of the legal industry from interns and young lawyers.
The FDP aims to bring academia and legal industry together and would enable Corporate Law teachers to make their students ready for more fulfilling experience in internships and make a connection of the classroom learning with their day-to-day tasks and career objectives.
- Interact with law firms and lawyers to learn about what the industry wants from legal academia
- Spend time at law firms and do some assignments young lawyers are required to do
- Create cutting edge curriculums and exercises that you can use in upcoming semesters
- Help your students to excel in their career as a business lawyer
Who may attend?
This Faculty Development Workshop is aimed at:
- Research Scholars (Post Graduate 8 Ph.D. students of Corporate 8 Commercial Laws) and
- Academicians of Corporate and Commercial Laws
- Early Bird Registration: Rs. 5000/-
- Late Registration: Rs. 7000/-
Account No.: 915010046322292
Beneficiary Name: Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai
Bank name: Axis Bank
Branch: New Marine Lines (Mumbai)
IFSC Code: UTIB0000233
Only 20 Seats. Registration fees would only include kit, reading material & tea between the breaks. It would not include accommodation, food and travelling expenses to the law firms/ advocates offices.
Online Registration (Early Bird) along with full applicable Payment: 18th June, 2018
Online Registration (Final) along with full applicable Payment: 19th June, 2018
Dr. Kiran Rai, Faculty Coordinator
Associate Professor, MNLU Mumbai
Ph: 886 047 1555
Download the brochure here.