Looking for an opportunity to explore rural India, while being able to contribute to a great cause?
Then Milaap is the right address for you!
Our Fellowship Program provides young professionals with an opportunity to serve as eyes and ears of the community on the ground, working directly with our field partners and our borrowers.
Job description: As a Fellow, your primary role will be to meet borrowers who have been funded by Milaap, and tell their stories. You will spend 4 – 6 months in a small town in rural India, and write short updates on each of the borrowers that you meet.
1. Review loan profiles posted by Milaap’s partner on the Loan Portal on a weekly basis, verify the information against the loan form, and write loan stories based on the available information
2. Meet borrowers funded by Milaap on a weekly basis and write short Loan updates to show the impact of the loan on the Borrower. You will also need to click and post a photograph of the borrower along with each update
3. Interview borrowers to assess loan impact, verify data, and gather information for journal updates through a randomly picked sample of borrowers, in order to insure the credibility of the answers
4. You will be our eyes and ears on the field. We encourage you to contribute to the Milaap Blog, at least once a month by writing posts on your observations, experience on the field, people you interact with, or general updates
5. Train Field Partner staff on Milaap processes, policies and best practices, and on using the Loan portal where required. Observe, learn and document the Field Partner’s operations and its use of our Loan Portal and making recommendations if needed
6. Train the field partner to write efficient client profiles which are interesting and diversified Required skills
7. Impeccable written and oral communication skills in English
8. High degree of flexibility & adaptability to new environments
9. Have an interest in micro-finance and basic understanding of what we do at Milaap
10. Sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
11. Minimum 4-6 -month commitment
12. Minimum 21 years of age
13. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and web tools (Gmail, Skype, WordPress, etc.)
14. Should be an Indian Native or Indian origin, knowing any one of the following languages; Hindi, Odiya, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Mizo & Assamese
15. Candidate must preferably be a graduate or post graduate. Undergraduate students or Fresh Graduates may also apply.
Click here for more details.