The Stockholm Declaration of 1972 was the beginning of the era of stringent environmental legislations and protection activities. Despite having a strong legal framework for environment, India ranks 177th out of 180 countries in the Environment Performance Index, 2018. This shows the utter failure of implementation of the laws to control environmental pollution and degradation as the pollution levels hit a new high and a large population in India has become victim of air pollution, water pollution, hazardous waste, etc.
Keeping this in view, M. C Mehta Environmental Foundation is organising a Training/Sensitisation Programme which will look into the Environmental laws in India, familiarise and update the participants with the latest laws and landmark judgements/directions (Passed by National Green Tribunal, Supreme Court). By assessing key statutes, ascertaining the implementation gap and discussing remedial measures, via means both educative and creative, the participants shall be equipped to form correct opinions and take appropriate action.
Who May Apply: Students from Colleges/Universities, Teachers, NGOs, etc
Dates: 1st to 3rd September, 2018
Venue: New Delhi (The exact location will be communicated to the registered participants)
- Interaction with eminent experts, jurists, environmentalists, scientists, etc.
- Field-Trip to study environment related issues in Delhi NCR.
- Resource Material on selected topics related to the course theme.
- Group Discussions/Debates or other participative events/activities.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Certificate of Participation.
Themes For Discussion:
- Evolution of Environment, Pollution Control Policy and Laws in India
- Institutional Framework of Environmental Justice in India
- Landmark Judgments/Case Laws on Environment
- Current Scenario of Environmental Enforcement
- Environment Conservation and Rejuvenation via Sustainable Practices
Class Timings: 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.*
* We reserve the right to change timings. Any changes will be notified in advance.
Fees (including Registration Fees)
- Early Bird Registration: Rs. 9,000/- (closes on 15.08.2018)
- Regular Registration: Rs 9,500/- (closes on 26.08.2018 at 23:59)
- Group Registration (5 or more registrations from the same institution): Rs 8,500/- (per individual)
Registration closes at 23:59 on 26/08/2018 and it stands completed upon receipt of the payment & filled online registration form available at this page.
Modes of payment and cancellation policy are available on this link.
For queries you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on: +91-11-41756519 or +91-9716994220.
For official notification, click here.