We are looking for an experienced professional to join PayPal’s Legal team in India. This position will be based in Mumbai/Bangalore/Chennai and will report to the India Senior Counsel based in Mumbai.
To succeed in this challenging role, candidates should be mature, self-motivated, well-organized with excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. Being proficient in English (both written and oral) is essential.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for:
- Corporate compliance issues under the Companies Act, including drafting minutes and filing relevant documents with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts including but not limited to procurement contracts
- Providing legal advice on business development cases, such as acquisitions and other inter- corporate investments
- Monitoring ongoing legislation and regulatory changes, and advising the implementation of policies and procedures to address new regulatory requirements
- Advising on employment and labor law issues
- Providing legal advice to resolve commercial disputes, e.g. those incurred by customer complaints, including litigation, arbitration and administrative procedure
- Working with the Asia Pacific legal team as a team member
A successful candidate should have extensive experience in compliance, interpretation and enforcement of Indian law and regulations relating corporate compliance, HR & employment and drafting and negotiating contracts. General legal background and experience with issues related to internet payments, digital wallets, clearing and settlement, corporate, currency controls, foreign exchange, litigation and intellectual property.
- Ability to work independently
- An understanding of the financial legal and regulatory environment in the India
- Specific knowledge of the laws and regulations relating to corporate governance & employment related laws
- An understanding of and ability to develop and implement policies and monitoring programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously in a fast paced and dynamic financial services environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams as well as business unit leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to foster/manage relationships across multiple departments
- Skill in focusing on desired results, clarifying next steps, and ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines, address risk and achieve desired results
- 3-5 years of experience working in a reputable company in the industry and/or practicing Indian law in the sector for a reputable law firm
- Candidates with broad background within the financial services industry, especially within a bank or financial services organization will be preferred
- Degree major in law from a reputable university. CS qualification is strongly preferred.
For full details and online application link, click here.