Over the last 8 years, Lawctopus has been synonymous with law students. With over 250,000 readers and over 1.5 million page-views a month, we are the largest platform (online or offline) for law students on this planet.
Our content consists of opportunities and events, internship experiences, interviews, career advisory pieces and more, with everything being done with the mission to enable informed and inspired careers for young people.
Campus Leaders are students (undergraduate or post-graduate) who are our eyes and ears in various law schools and universities.
Who can be a college manager? What are the qualifications?
You should be a law student (LL.B, LLM) in any law college (recognized, unrecognized, derecognized, asked for a bribe) in India.
You should be a proactive person willing to work hard and take initiative. This is a serious commitment (because we’ve been law students ourselves and know how busy you really are!) 🙂
You must have regular access to internet both in college and at your home.
You must be willing to do marketing related tasks.
What are your responsibilities?
Tell us about newsworthy events and opportunities conducted/held in your college and upload them on the dashboard.
Interview the star students and faculty in your college, and lawyers in and around your area.
Encourage students in your college (regularly) to contribute internship experiences, law school reviews, and blogs.
Help us promote and market our advertisers and our products/services in your college.
Write for us! Get a chance to be published on Lawctopus.
Help us connect to various people in your college.
Generally, promote the Lawctopus brand on social media and beyond!
What’s in it for you?
Get internships: We’ll help the best performing campus leaders secure the internships they want (2 internship slots: say November 2019-January 2020, and May-June, 2019). We’ll contact our contacts, and help you fine-tune your CVs.
Earn money: When you bring business/advertisers for us, you get 10-20% of the revenue generated by them. You can also earn money through internal competitions that are organised by us. (Like for sharing the best interviews, or the most number of internship experiences).
Get discounts for the some of awesome courses and workshops we advertise/publish on Lawctopus.
Get free media passes for conferences and seminars. Meet the dignatories as a Lawctopus representative and build contacts (and confidence)!
Connect with fellow college managers throughout India! (All of us will be connected via a Whatsapp/Slack group).
Get a certificate on successful completion of your tenure.
Personalized CV review, internship advice, and career counseling for the best performing campus leaders.
Develop your communication skills!
Develop your leadership skills!
Contribute towards making your community (law students) stronger!
(Campus leaders become the go-to people in their colleges. Our tasks like interviewing star faculty members and students encourage you to go out of your comfort zone, talk and follow-up with people. These things build your communication and leadership skills).
We make your richer in every way possible!
Some other details
Being a Campus Leader is a voluntary, unpaid position.
1-10 campus leaders can be selected per college (depending on the size of the college).
You are required to work for around 2 hours/week. Usually, 1-2 tasks are allotted every month.
We give no task which cannot be completed along with your college, co-curricular activities, exams or even internships. Relax! We understand your world!
Rave reviews from some of the last batch’s college managers!
1. I got a chance to interact with other highly motivated college managers. This certainly helped in increasing my social network, which is of utmost requirement today.- Anubrata Saha, Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
2. The TASKS, they were just amazing and more, interesting since they helped me to create a new bond with my friends and their friends from the same field and moreover, it was very overwhelming to receive all the help I needed from my friends regarding the tasks. It was great to help publicize about the internships, research papers and other such achievements of my friends and make their work count for some one else in this field.- Shreya Mishra, Department of Legal Studies and Research, Barkatullah University, Bhopal
3. I improved an important skill of building professional contact with people . And I am really thankful to Lawctopus for such an amazing initiative.-Lipsa Rout, Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore
4. I got a chance to interact with the people from the different law colleges of India for this I would like to give the credit to Lawctopus.- Chaitanya Arora FIMT, NEW DELHI
5. It gives one the opportunity to learn to meet deadlines, explore beyond the set realms of law school schedules and work in a different yet organised manner.- Latika Choudhary National law University, Odisha Cuttack
6. I became more professional in sorts. Things seem better than before at my University. In other words I became more proactive, an extrovert in the making and now heading the moot society as well. – Sangram Singh, Noida International University
7. A big Thank You from my end that. People say that these things are waste. Don’t apply for it. But Now I can prove then wrong. By this program, I just took a step forward. I didn’t knew how to write properly but writing reviews about your book and then internship and law school. Secondly coming down to speaking skills, I was always like not so confident in speaking. But after the star task taking interviews and everything, I am like bring on the person and let me talk to him. :D. It really helped me to grow and you deserve my big thanks on this. I owe you and your team a lot. Anytime, you wish to reach me. I will always be there for Lawctopus. Thank You.- Ayush Srivastava Faculty Of Law, The ICFAI University, Dehradun
8. The wonderful emails sent by Tanuj Sir used to cheer me up the most. The thing I liked includes the tasks given. No task was monotonous and hectic and I never found myself pre-occupied with Lawctopus. In fact, I enjoyed doing them. Moreover: 1. I have become more confident. 2. Learnt to take interviews. 3. I have become close the faculty whom I interviewed, who is now my mentor. 4. Became more profficient at multi-tasking.- Loveely Priyadarshini, Pronoy Chatterjee Amity Law School Centre II, Sector 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh.Amity Law School, Noida
9. My personality overall has improved because now I feel confident about myself that whatever I am doing has a purpose. My reading and writing skills along with interpreting skills has improved a lot thanks to the brilliantly designed tasks. My ability to make contacts and connections have improved drastically and from a shy person I have become a social being as due to this program I had guts to go up to people and talk to them which otherwise I wouldn’t have. – Pronoy Chatterjee, Amity Law School Centre II, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.