Jus Dicere, at Constitution Club of India, New Delhi is pleased to announce its National Conference “Revisiting One Year of Goods & Service Tax, 2017”.
The Conference is scheduled on July 1, 2018, at New Delhi. We are pleased to inform that all paper presented at Conference will be published in a book with ISBN.
The ambitious tax reform overhauling the indirect tax system, GST was rolled out on 1st July, 2017. With a parlous Tax-GDP Ratio, regressive nature and cascading Effect of indirect taxes due to levy of taxes by both Central and State Governments and virtual parallel economies coexisting within the Indian Economy, the implementation of GST was projected as the one solution to reduce the burden both for the Government as well as the people of India.
A lot of speculation and trepidation went into the launch of this Goods and Services Tax; forecasts were made regarding the impact of GST on the household budget as well as various industries and the economy of the States and the Centre.
The objectives of Cooperative Federalism and one nation one tax were held as the driving force behind GST. With the GST Council and the GST Network operating as the implementation framework, the four rate slab was put forth with the zero rate bracket operating as the limits to categorize the goods and services to be applicable across the country.
Now, after initial extensions and deadline reaffirmations, GST returns and collections are happening smoothly across the country. However, as we celebrate the one year of the GST, we explore whether GST has achieved all that was envisaged. Going not only into the advantages that GST, we also analyze how far has GST affected Centre and State revenue and how far that will affect the expenditure of these states thus affecting the economic growth of the country.
Call for Abstracts
We seek proposal in form of abstracts from all Eminent Scholar, academicians, practitioners, lawyers, and student to contribute to the conference. The abstract should not merely address the issue but also conceptualize views and arguments of the author on the current scenario.
The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article, beyond the existing available literature, and the practical utility of his/her recommendations.
We welcome submissions which have direct linkage with the conference’s central theme, sub-themes suggested in the brochure are for mere indication; the author may also choose any other relevant sub-theme.
We appreciate participation from research scholars, students, and academicians of other disciplines.
Thematic Focus (Sub Themes)
- GST: Impact on Indian Economy
- GST: Ease of doing business or cumbersome complaisance?
- GST: Cooperative Federalism or Political Gimmick?
- GST: Greater Compliance or Procedural Escapades?
How to participate
If you wish to contribute, kindly submit your proposal cum abstract of the paper or manuscript you would like to present at the conference here, at earliest, but not later than
May 25, 2018 May 30, 2018 (Date Extended)
Abstract would only be considered if not exceeding 700 words including footnotes.
The abstract will be selected on following criteria:
- Linkage to the Conference Central Theme.
- Understanding of Theme.
- Innovative approach.
If your abstract is selected, your final paper must be submitted on or before June 05, 2018.
In order to present a paper in conference participant must have to submit the following before deadline as per given guidelines.
- Each manuscript may have up to two authors.
- All relevant sources shall be duly acknowledged as footnotes. (Use of Endnotes is not allowed).
- The text & Citation styles must be as per ‘The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Edition)
- The manuscript would only be considered if not exceeding 5000 words excluding footnotes.
- The manuscript must be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with 1.5 Line Spacing.
- Manuscript will only be considered in .doc or .docx format.
- Email Submission will not be accepted & acknowledged.
- Cash Prize of 5000/-
- Cash Coupon Worth 3000/-
- Books & Gift Hamper worth 2000/-
- Cash Prize of 2500/-
- Cash Coupon Worth 1500/-
- Books & Gift Hamper worth 1000/-
- The next 5 following papers in order of credibility will be awarded Cash Coupon of 2000/- each from Jus Dicere.
- All papers will be published in a special issue with ISBN.
- Cash Coupon Worth 200/- Each to all participants.
- Free Enrolment in Jus Dicere’s Online Professional Training Program Worth 1999/- to all participants.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission:
May 25, 2018May 30, 2018 (Date Extended)
- Last Date of Registration with Paper Submission: June 05, 2018
- Date of Conference: July 1, 2018
- Students/Research Scholars: ₹ 1500/-
- Academicians/Professionals: ₹ 1800/-
- Presentation in Absentia: ₹ 1800/-
If the paper is co-authored additional fees of ₹ 1000/- is payable for second author’s registration.
Participants & Non Presenter
- Students/Research Scholars: ₹ 1000/-
- Academicians/Professionals: ₹ 1200/-
We are always available at email@example.com & +91 9810878005
Our official website, click here
Our Facebook page, click here
For event updates, follow here
We are hiring, click here