This position suits a Banking, Structured Finance and/or Fixed Income (including debt capital markers) lawyer looking to move in-house or in-house lawyer (within a Bank, Investment Bank, Financial Institution etc.) looking to move into a premier International Bank/Investment Bank.
- Indian law qualified lawyer with at least 6-7 years of experience in Banking & Finance and in the Financial Institutions sector.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills. In addition, this role requires candidate to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of the Indian regulatory environment.
- Experienced in cross-border/financing/structured loans documentation.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, prioritize, escalate issues, and respond to business needs and goals.
- Ability to appreciate and grasp concepts of law from jurisdictions other than India.
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new businesses and subjects in which lawyer may not have expertise.
- Providing legal coverage to the GCB and Treasury Services platform of the firm. Responsibilities will include drafting/negotiating custody, fund administration, trade, escrow, cash account/servicing agreements etc.
- Manage banking and finance transactions, including corporate/acquisition/project/margin financing and cross-border financing transactions. This role will require excellent transaction management skills in ensuring matters are taken forward from pre-mandate/ structuring phase through to execution in addition to being able to identify and resolve legal issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Manage Indian debt capital markets transactions undertaken by the firm as an arranger and/or investor. Candidate should have the ability to identify and resolve legal issues and risks in a timely manner in pre-mandate/ structuring phase.
- Reviewing, advising and negotiating loan/financing and related security documentation.
- Evaluating existing and new laws and regulations in relation to financing/lending, issue identification, impact assessment, advising on risk mitigants and independently escalating legal risks, including prioritizing the broader interests of the firm.
- Managing external counsel relationships independently, including instructing and working with external counsels on cross-border transactions/matters.
- Candidate will be expected to work with the senior lawyers in the region on a variety of global regulatory reform initiatives which impact the firm’s Indian operations and actively participate in global/regional practice groups.This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to: (i) gain international in-house experience at a premier bank; and (ii) be a part of a highly-respected team of lawyers in the firm’s Asia Pacific Legal Department.
Click here for full details and online application link.