Program Officer, iProbono India (New Delhi)
Organisation name: iProbono (click here for official website)
Position: Program Officer
Location: Nizamuddin East, New Delhi
Deadline: 21st February 2018
We are looking for a Programs Officer at our Delhi office; a junior team member who will work closely with our Programs Team to provide end-to-end support on our transactional projects and enhance outreach to our partner lawyers and organisations.
This position would suit a dynamic individual at the early stage of their career, who not only possesses solid legal skills but a passion for social justice. We are looking for an individual who wants to build their career with us and be part of the iProbono for the long term.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will possess a legal qualification, a sound knowledge of the Indian legal system and at least 1+ years work experience in the non-profit sector or with a law firm.
They will support the Programs team on the day to day responsibilities of our transactional and litigation projects and take an active role in the wider activities of iProbono in India.
They should be highly organized, with excellent English language skills as well as being a results-driven team player.
They need to be a self-starter and able to work independently where required but provide an essential support function to the Programs Managers.
- Documentation (updating iProbono in-house data base, updating and creating case notes, updating litigation management notes and dates of hearings)
- Supporting the Program Managers with their litigation and capacity building outreach
- Collecting feedback from partner lawyers and organisations
- Attending hearings at the Delhi High Court
- Coordinating transactional projects
- Reaching out to non-profit and civil society organisations across India to initiate new partnerships
- Maintaining a tracking system to monitor outreach
- Organising meetings and workshops with the wider team
- Keeping track of legal news in relation to iProbono’s work
- Legal research (there will be opportunities to write for iProbono’s blog and other publications)
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in law
- 1+ years work experience with a law firm, a non-profit or similar civil society organisations. However, fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Excellent knowledge of the Indian legal system or experience working with the legal sector
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and one South Asia language
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, database management and internet skills
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
To apply, please email email@example.com with your CV and a short cover letter on why you are suitable for the role.
Please find the job description here.