NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY ODISHA, CUTTACK
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO) was established by Act-IV of 2008 by the Odisha State Legislature. It is offering five year integrated programme of B.A. LL.B (Honours), B.B.A LL.B (Honours), LL.M and Ph.D programmes.
It has a sprawling campus of 50 acres bound by the scenic beauty of the river Mahanadi in the South and Kathjodi in the North.
NLUO entered into a partnership with UNICEF in January , 2015, for safeguarding the best interest of child in Odisha.
The project is for three years, titled as “Effective Implementation of Children’s Laws in Odisha”.
It has established a research centre, “Centre for Child Rights (CCL)” aims for creating a frame work of research support and logistical backup to the statutory process concerning protection of children.
NLUO invites applications for the following posts for the implementation of project on:
1. Senior Programme coordinator
Post graduate/Graduate in Social Science/Law/anthropology/psychology/ sociology/masters in rural management
Minimum 10 years of experience out of which 3 years should be in the field of child rights programmes.
1. Knowledge for various national and international frameworks, legislation and schemes related to child rights is a must.
2. Should have been a part of research, mapping and assessment studies preferably on issues related to children.
3. Knowledge of statistical tools will be an added advantage.
4. Good verbal and non verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Odiya will be an advantage.
5. Ability and willingness to engage with a variety of stakeholders at various levels.
6. The candidate should be willing to take up regular travel to the various districts of Odisha.
7. Strong networking and advocacy skills.
8. The candidate should be able to intimate dialogue with various stake holders like the government, academia, non governmental agencies, children etc.
9. Manage donor relations, budgeting, reporting etc.
1. Should develop research methodology, tools to initiate research on implementation of Juvenile Justice Act, 2000 in Odisha which includes functioning of Juvenile Justice committees, child care institutions under Juvenile justice and lead the entire process.
2. To frame a collaborative approach by engaging different stake holders and pro active policy makers on the issue of child rights and juvenile justice.
3. To conduct an exhaustive documentation exercise on the existing child laws and policies.
4. To supervise the research associate regarding the documentation, research methodology, capacity building, field visits and other related works relating to the project
5. Prepare the budget and to the oversee the financial transactions.
6. To develop and design the online course module and technical inputs in appropriate sections.
7. To identify selected geographical areas for conducting empirical research to explore the challenges and hindrances for implementation of child welfare schemes for the protection of child rights.
8. To create a network with various stake holders to have periodic dialogue and discussions in different format like workshop, conferences on issues pertaining to child rights and produce brief papers for advocacy.
9. Initiate process to collect collate and document evidences and best practices from field and secondary sources to influence policy makers and judiciary.
10. The programme coordinator must coordinate with faculty coordinators pertaining to project, implementation and management.
2. Senior Research Associates
Post Graduate/Graduate in Social Science/Law or Social Work
Three years of post graduate research experience preferably in child rights.
1. Should have a sound knowledge and work experience on United Nations Child Right Convention, Juvenile Justice Act, Right to Education, related policies, schemes, and provisions in the context of child rights.
2. Should demonstrate analytical and basic statistical skills.
1. Under the supervision of the programme co-ordinator of Centre for Child Rights (CCR) and in co ordination with NLUO, Senior Research Associate will develop research methodology, tools to initiate research on implementation of JJ act in Odisha which includes functioning of JJ committees, child care institutions under Juvenile justice and lead the entire process.
2. To identify selected geographical areas for conducting empirical research to explore the challenges and hindrances for implementation of child welfare schemes for the protection of child rights.
3. Initiate process to collect collate and document evidences and best practices from field and secondary sources to influences policy makers and judiciary.
4. To create a network with various stake holders to have periodic dialogue and discussions in different format like workshop, conferences on issues pertaining to child rights and produce brief papers for advocacy.
5. To assist the programme coordinator to develop and design the online course module and providing technical inputs in appropriate sections.
1. All appointments will be made on a contractual basis for one year which may be renewed.
2. Applicants must be skilled in the usage of computer.
3. The applicant must have fluency in English language. Knowledge in Odiya is an added advantage.
4. Applicants for the above posts of must send their latest C.V.s along with Letter of Interest stating why they would like to work for the project.
5. Applicants for the posts of Programme Co-ordinator must send their latest C.V.s along with Letter of Interest in English stating why they would like to work for the project.
6. NLUO will not provide any travel allowance or accommodation for the short listed candidates who are coming for interview.
7. The applications must reach the following address on or before 25/01/15 and envelopes should mention clearly “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF—–“.
NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY ODISHA,
KATHAJODI CAMPUS, SECTOR- 13, CDA,
CUTTACK, ODISHA- 753015