IDIA Charitable Trust is currently seeking applications for the position of ‘Assistant Director’. We are looking for a committed, passionate and dynamic assistant director to be a part of our small, focused team for taking IDIA to new heights.
The IDIA Charitable Trust (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) is a pan India organisation that trains underprivileged students and helps transform them into leading lawyers and community leaders.
IDIA’s activities include sensitising students at senior secondary schools throughout the country to the benefits of a career in law, identifying and training meritorious students from diverse backgrounds for law school entrance exams, providing scholarships and support for students once they reach the nation’s premier law schools, and promoting the development of community leadership from within underprivileged communities.
The Role of Assistant Director:
As IDIA’s assistant director, you will be in-charge of proactively managing IDIA’s teams and activities. Your role will include:
- Leading state teams or national verticals, and motivating and coordinating with student volunteers.
- Assisting in and organising IDIA’s operations including sensitisations, training, supervising student volunteer teams, fund raising, and other such activities.
- Provide support to the senior management in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting the work done at the organisation.
- Assisting with the implementation of effective advocacy and outreach strategies for the organisation.
- Facilitating organisation of events, activities and projects of the organisation.
- Contributing to research undertaken by the organisation in specific areas as required.
- Ensuring close collaboration and coordination with other team members to guarantee smooth implementation of the activities of the organisation.
- Organising new and innovative ways to communicate and engage with various communities.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing required results as needed within the deadline.
- Taking on any other duties related to your role as directed by the senior management.
Ideal applicants should demonstrate skill sets necessary for this job including excellent writing and research skills, proactive leadership qualities to conceptualise future operations, and the ability to articulate and advocate the cause of IDIA.
The applicant should combine idealism with on-ground pragmatism; and must show initiative to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
The applicant should show sincerity and dedication; and would be required to put in hard work for the organisation.
Creative, analytical thinking is encouraged.
Salary: Will be commensurate with skills and experience, and will be on par with similar positions in the non-profit sector.
Location: Anywhere in India is acceptable, but it would be ideal if person could be located in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, or Kolkata.
How to apply: If you think you are the person for this role, please apply at the earliest!