HPE’s Legal division applies legal knowledge to complex business transactions. Our mission is to contribute to HPE’s success by providing proactive, practical and timely legal advice and contractual support to enable our clients to achieve profitable growth and customer satisfaction.
An integral part of HPE, we work in areas such as Intellectual Property, Mergers and Acquisitions, Ethics, Antitrust, Commercial Law, and Litigation to name but a few.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities in the Patent Counsel role are expected to include the following:
- Managing patent applications throughout the patent lifecycle by working directly with HPE’s inventor community, personally drafting and prosecuting high quality patent applications for strategically important inventions, and interacting with worldwide patent offices to secure valuable patent coverage
- Actively participating in HPE’s invention disclosure review process to help ensure that HPE’s best inventions are identified and patented
- Analyzing pending patent applications to determine their value to HPE and to formulate a global filing strategy
- Managing and analyzing HPE’s patent portfolio, including preparation of claim charts
- Collaborating with engineers in invention mining sessions, patent scrubs, and patent education sessions
- Actively engaging in training, knowledge sharing, and other career development opportunities to hone technical and legal abilities and prepare for promotional or rotational opportunities
- Participating from time to time as a member of a cross functional team to provide support in licensing, litigation, or other matters.
The successful candidate is expected to possess the following qualifications and abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science from a top-tier university
- A law degree from an accredited law school
- Strong academic credentials
- 5 to 7 years of experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications at a U.S. or international law firm
- Project management experience
- Ability to work with clients in a team-oriented partnership to help them arrive at elegant solutions to their problems
- Flexibility to accept new and different challenges in a fast paced, high-tech environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- A positive attitude, creative spirit, passion for IP law, and strong motivation to excel
How to apply
To register and apply online for this position, click here.
For official notification, click here.