Jindal Global Law School (JGLS) invites applications for the Ph.D and the 1-Year LL.M programmes. The details are given below.
Ph.D Programme in Law
Applicants shall be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme under one of the following categories:
- Full-time Ph.D. students with or without fellowship.
- Students who are faculty members/ staff of the University.
- Students under the external registration programme recognized by the University and sponsored by and employed in the organization/ industry/ university/ other institutions, who will normally carry out their research in the organization/ industry/ university/ other institutions of their employment.
- Students from partner universities/ institutions with which JGU has MOUs or collaborative arrangements.
- Students pursuing part-time Ph.D.
An applicant seeking admission to the Ph.D. in law in India must satisfy the following academic criteria: LL.M. with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade. Applicants with more than 3 years’ industry/ teaching/ practising/ managerial/ professional experience will be given preference.
Master’s Degree in a discipline relevant to the proposed research with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade having minimum of 3 years managerial/ professional experience.
3 Years (Aug 1, 2018 – July 31, 2021)
Applications should be submitted by May 31, 2018.
1-Year LL.M Programme
Applicants to the LLM programme at the CPGLS, JGLS must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law from any college in India or abroad that is duly recognized under the law and by the regulatory authorities. Students graduating in 2017 can apply, however they should submit their final certificate/mark sheet at the time of admission.
Entrance Examination: Admission will be based on the performance of one of the following entrance examinations (70% weightage)
- LSAT-India entrance test a. Procedure: Register online for the LSAT-India entrance test by logging on to this link. The LSAT—India registration fee is Rs. 3800/-; the fee can be paid online or by Demand Draft(On or before 10 April 2017). You can also contact Pearson VUE at LSATIndia@pearson.com.
- University of Delhi, Entrance Test (2017) for LLM admission
- CLAT-PG Entrance Test (2017) for LLM admission
Statement of purpose, Curriculum Vitae and a telephonic interview (30% weightage).
1 Year (Aug 1, 2018 – Aug 7, 2019)
Applications should be submitted by June 30, 2018.
How to apply
Applications for both – Ph.D and LL.M are to be submitted online at this link.
Jindal Global Law School
Ph + 91-8930110758
For details about Ph.D course, click here and for details about LL.M course, click here.
This post was first published on:
18 Apr 2018