About the Organiser
Jagannath University, Jaipur has been established by Act No. 19 of 2008 of the Rajasthan State Legislature and recognized by University Grants Commission under the UGC Act, 1956. The University has been accredited with Grade ‘B’ (Good) by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
National Human Rights Commission has been constituted in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993. As per Section 12 (h) of the Act, the Commission is mandated to “spread human rights literacy among various sections of society and promote awareness of the safeguards available for the protection of these rights through publications, the media, seminars and other available means.”
The Commission has been performing its functions to spread human rights literacy and sensitize people belonging to various sections of society on all aspects relating to human rights.
About the programme
The Faculty of Law, Jagannath University, Jaipur in association with the National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi is organising a one-day training programme on Human Rights on February 17, 2018.
Date, Time, Venue
17th February, 2018; 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Auditorium Hall, Jagannath University, IP 2 & 3, Phase IV, Sitapura Industrial Area, Opp. Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur-302022
How to register
All interested participants including students, teachers of various disciplines shall register on website (click here) on or before 17th February 2018.
Sub-themes of the training programme
Session 1: Introduction to Human Rights
· Constitutional provisions
· Universal declaration on Human Rights, 1948
· International Covenants regarding Human Rights
Session 2: Human Rights Institutions in India
· Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
· Composition and Functioning of NHRC/SHRCs
· Other National /State Commissions
Session 3: Rights of Women and Children
· UN Convention on the Elimination of all forms of
Discrimination Against Women, 1979 (CEDAW) and its
· UN Convention on Rights of Child, 1989 and its optional
Session 4: Rights of other vulnerable groups
· Bonded Labour issues and the Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976
· Child Labour issues and Child Labour (prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986
· SC/ST issues and Schedules Caste and Schedules Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989
· Civil Liberties Act, 1988 and the Forest Rights Act, 2006
Convener: Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Rajpurohit, Dean, Faculty of Law, JNU, Mob.: +91 – 9829160431
Co-Convenor: Prof. (Dr.) Mahendra Tiwari, Head, Department of Law, JNU, Mob.: +91 – 9414295727
For details, please view the official brochure given here.